7

March 24th, 2018, 5:47pm

My phone was buzzing and I picked it up to see that Amy was calling me.

"Ames? What's up?"

"We solved the case. We're on our way to bust Hawkins right now. Get to Shaw's asap, ok?"

"Ok. I'll see you later."

****
8:32pm

"Am I late? Did I miss them? Are they here?"

"Not yet. Here." Amy reached over the bar and handed me a beer. "You ok?"

"I'm kinda nervous.." I sighed and smiled slightly. "It's weird, right?"

"A little.."

"Ladies and gentlemen.." We were cut off by Terry. "Please give a warm nine-nine welcome to Jake Peralta and Rosa Diaz."

I ran towards them and wrapped my arms around their shoulders.

"I missed you guys so much."

"I missed you too, man." She pulled me away from Jake before wrapping her arms around my back. She let go and walked towards Gina and Charles, giving them both a hug in turn.

"Wow. That's very un-Rosa."

"She's getting softer." I shrugged. Jake gripped the bottom of my jacket and pulled me towards him.

"I missed you too." His arms slid around my waist, pulling me close to him. I smiled at him and linked my hands behind his neck. He kissed me gently. When he pulled away, he pecked me on the nose. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Terry raised his bottle for a toast. "The 99th precinct is officially all back together. Nine-nine!"

"Nine-nine!"

Jake grabbed himself a beer and pulled me by the hand to a booth.

"So.. you yelled at Boyle?"

"Kinda.... But he was being a jerk, and I may have told them everything that happened in my life."

"Wow, really? Ok. I just didn't think you wanted more people to know."

"I got angry and it just.. came out. I know the first 25 years of my life were really crappy, but I have you guys now."

He looked at me with a little disappointment in his eyes.

"And you. My life's been so much better since you've been around. You make me so happy, Jake. If only you knew how much." I leaned over and kissed him softly. His hand came up and cupped around my ear, while his other arm was up my back. He returned the kiss, pulling me closer to him, kissing me passionately. He pulled away, brushing a stray bit of hair behind my ear.

"Shall we go?"

I nodded slightly and bit my lip. "Ok."

****
8:57pm

He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me passionately. He sat us down on the couch before laying on top of me and kissing down my neck. He removed his shirt and tugged at the bottom of mine. I nodded and sat up, and he pulled it over my head. His hands went to my neck and he kissed me again. We both got up to take off our pants, then he sat back down. I sat in his lap and started kissing his jaw.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?"

"Yeah, of course.... Why?"

"Well, I just thought, you know, cause of Donny.."

I walked into our bedroom and sat on the bed. "Jake.. I don't wanna talk about him right now. But there's a major difference between you two."

"I'm smarter, more handsome and physically stronger?"

I giggled. "You asked. Donny never asked, he just did it. And that's why I love you. You're sweet and kind and selfless. I just.. I wanna be with you."

He smiled and ran his knuckles over my cheek. "You're so beautiful."

I smiled shyly and looked down, away from him. His fingers found my jaw and he pulled my head up so I was looking at him.

"Ah, ah. That's not allowed."

I gasped in mock offence. "That's not fair."

"Nothing I do is fair."

I pouted slightly, and he kissed my cheek. "I love you so much, Anderson."

I smiled at him. "I love you more, Peralta.."

He pushed me onto the bed and hugged me, burying his head into my neck, making me giggle. "Physically impossible."

He kissed my nose, then my jawline, before he started softly kissing my neck.