4

"What's going on with you two?" Rosa looked at us suspiciously.

"What?"

"You guys are acting.. weird. Well, weirder."

"Weird? What?" I realised that they had no idea what was going on with us. "And you guys call yourselves detectives?"

They all looked at each other confused.

"Not even you, Ames?" I asked her.

"No. What? I'm so confused. What's happening right now?"

I sighed. "Me and Jake.. got together last night."

"Whoo!!"

"Boyle." We all said, a little tired of his 'fangirling'.

"Sorry. It's just I've been waiting for this for a long time. I am over the moon." He came round the desk to hug us but we stepped away from him.

"So you guys hooked up." Rosa smirked.

"What? No. We kissed, professed our love for each other, then watched a movie." I turned away from them and walked towards the evidence room.

"That was odd. Why's she so freaked out?"

"She's still not over Donny. She has nightmares and her PTSD is ridiculously high. I'm gonna go see if she's ok."

****
9:16am

I was in the evidence room trying not to cry when I heard the door open.

"Hey."

I smiled slightly at him. He could see I was freaking out, so he came over and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me softly on the head as I buried my face in his chest.

"You're ok. You're gonna be ok. He's on the other side of the country, he can't get to us." He pulled away from me slightly, and tilted me head up so I was looking him in the eye. "I promise I won't let anything hurt you ever again."

I smiled at him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed me.

We smiled at each other, still hugging, until he broke the silence.

"So do you wanna finish solving that giggle-pig case?"

"Oh my god, I forgot about that!" I sighed. "Now I feel bad. I mean, Rosa's been having a tough time with the task-force. She really needs a win."

We walked back to the bullpen with our case files and pored over the photos again, like we had done for the past month.

"Ok, what about this guy?" I pointed to a man in a dark green beanie, a matching hoodie and a large beard. "He's in all of the photos, and he's, like, super suspicious."

"That's Darren Matthews. Remember, we brought him in when we started the investigation and it was a dead end."

"Oh, dammit."

"Sorry, babe."

"So what are we gonna do now?"

I was rather concerned. If Rosa didn't get a lead on giggle-pig, then Wuntch was gonna take away her task-force. I felt really guilty. I heard someone roll up to my desk and turned to see it was Rosa.

"Hey. How's it going? Any leads, meet-ups, busts?"

"No. We're no closer to solving it than when we started... I'm really sorry, Rosa."

"No, it's ok. Don't worry about it."

She rolled her chair back to her desk and I looked around my computer at Jake.