The Chariot

"Rishi!" screamed the girls. "Where did she take him?" asked Drishika, tears welled up in her eyes. She was angry on Rishi, but she cared for her friend. She wanted him to be safe.

Himakat spread his arms and closed his eyes. A silver dagger appeared in his hands. "Take it," he said as he handed it to Rutuja. The handle was solid gold and the gems encrusted upon it were real. The blade was cold grey steel and sharp. Rutuja smiled ear to ear and held the dagger.

"Follow me," said Bluebell. "I will handle that army, you go ahead and rescue the Queen," instructed Himakat.

"But what about Rishi?" Drishika almost screamed.

Bluebell produced a white horn from her pocket and blew it.

Strong winds encircled them, a flash of light descending from the sky heated the air and caused thunder. Drishika cupped her ears and shut her eyes. Rutuja shut her eyes as the storm encircled them.

Drishika wanted everything to get back to normal at once. She regretted stepping out of the house and touching the locket.

Rutuja heard something huge approaching them.

"Is that Rishi?" questioned Rutuja. Drishika heard a sound what seemed like a neigh, half-opened her eyes and saw a red chariot, two horses dragging it towards them.

She could see a figure, the charioteer, guiding the horses.

Bluebell hoped into the chariot as it came to a halt before them. "Hop in," she said. The girls gave a last look to Himakat and his army and got into the chariot. As soon as they stepped in, it rose in the air, slowly and firmly.

Drishika held Rutuja's arm and placed her head on her shoulder, closing her eyes. Rutuja held Drishika's hand and peeped down. They were at least a thousand feet from the ground; riding through the clouds. Rutuja looked at the boy driving the chariot. "Who are you?" she questioned. "You'll know soon," answered the 10-year-old, his gaze fixed on the path ahead.