First Chapter

The noises made by the busy staff members, changing of costumes, retouching of make-up, members mumbling and dancing to their songs to be performed in their encore have been so familiar to Chou Tzuyu, the maknae (youngest member) of the global girl group TWICE. She started her career as a trainee at an early age of 13 and successfully made her debut after 3 years through the program made by JYP Entertainment, SIXTEEN. Though she's not Korean, she adopted the Korean culture easily and was loved by fans as she's been blessed to have a naturally beautiful face in addition to her dancing and singing skills.

Their group is currently overseas due to the first world tour concert organized by JYP for Twice. It's their first time to hold a concert in America which makes them a little nervous as they don't want to mess this opportunity to show everyone in the world that they are also capable just like other K-pop groups who've already made their US debut ahead of them, which includes the widely popular, talented and award-winning boy group, BTS.

She'd seen them rise to stardom and as what their leader Jihyo have said in an interview, they are very thankful for them since they've paved the way for other K-pop artists to be known internationally as well.

"Tzuyu-ah, can you help me fix my microphone at the back please?", her Nayeon-unnie asked her.

"Sure unnie", she answered and followed her request.

Among the 9 members of TWICE, she's always the first one to finish her preparation for their stage performances since she doesn't goof around unless she's done with everything unlike her childish unnies. She loved them for that actually especially at times like this, when her nervousness is slowly consuming all of her confidence.

"Are you feeling nervous?" she asked Nayeon.

"Not really, I'm excited to be honest. I can't wait to show our US fans the aegyo I created but in English this time." her unnie answered and playfully showed her the "aegyo" act that she prepared.

She laughed at how cute and funny her Nayeon-unnie is. She actually believed that the maknae label suits her unnie's character very well just what their fans said.

"Unnie, you will seriously show that to our fans? They might puke at the sight.", Jeongyeon-unnie interrupted and laughed whole-heartedly.

"Jeongyeon-ah, don't be like that to your eldest unnie" Nayeon answered and gave a dagger-look to Jeongyeon.

"That's my point, you're the eldest but acts like the youngest", Jeongyeon answered.

"That's one of my charms", Nayeon defended and pouted very cutely.

I can't handle these two eldest unnies, they always bicker but I know how much they care for each other and the other members.

"Are you guys ready? We'll start in 5 minutes", our manager shouted for all of us to hear.

We started to make our way to the stage, we'll be divided by three's as there are 3 lifts for our first stage. I'll go with Mina-unnie and Jihyo-unnie, both me and Mina looked very nervous which didn't go unnoticed by our leader.

"Hey girls, don't be nervous. Just act like what we did at our concert in Korea, we can do this." Jihyo smiled and held each of our hands as an assurance.

"Yes unnie" both of us answered and simultaneously took deep breaths.

"Be ready in 3.. 2.. 1.." counted by the director and our lifts have started to move upwards.

I put a smile on my face and think of the beautiful things that mattered mostly in my life just what I always do to calm my nervous nerves... my parents... my dog Gucci... my Twice unnies... our fans ONCEs...

And as the lights were on, another particular face flashed through her mind which didn't last long but left her confused in a short moment.

V...

Kim Taehyung...

That guy, as beautiful and bright as the stars in the universe...

She's been a secret fan of BTS (thanks to her mom and her cafe business) but only one person caught more of her attention than the others. She kept it hidden from her unnies as there are other boy groups in their agency and she doesn't want this to be an issue to her and her group.

She slowly breathe and waited for their first song to start, brushing the thought of a certain person on her head. She's not that familiar with this feeling but she knew that it's something special to the point where he's been included in the list of the most important things in her life.

She'll deal with it later. For now, she needed to focus on their performance.

It's not that easy, she realized. She made a few mistakes, though small but she knew her unnies noticed.

At the backstage, her unnies looked worriedly at her.

"Tzuyu-ah, are you okay?", Dahyun asked her.

"You're distracted", Chaeyoung stated. Being the closest to her age, she's not surprised that it's the first thing that she said to her and not ask questions such as "are you sick, what's wrong".

"A little, Chaeng-unnie", she answered shyly. "Sorry, I will keep a hold on myself in our next performance."

A tap on my back came from Momo, next to her is Sana while the others are busy changing their clothes.

I apologetically looked at them, no words exchanged but they surely understand my feelings.

I internally scolded myself, "Tzuyu-ah, just a little longer. Do it for ONCE, they waited for your group. Please don't mess it up."

I sighed and silently wished that it'll be over soon.