58th Chapter

V rang their doorbell and we waited for someone to open the gate for us which didn't take a while. My right hand automatically reached out to hold V's left hand (he's carrying the cake box on the other) the moment I heard the clinking of the locks on the other side of the gate. V intertwined our fingers and I glanced at him, we already removed our facemasks after exiting the car a while ago and I can see the reassuring smile he's giving me right now.

A girl which I assumed was in her early puberty stage (probably 11 or 12 years old) with a big, pink ribbon tied to her black hair opened the gates for us.

"Oppa!" she excitedly squealed, eyes twinkling upon seeing V and she extended both her hands to hug him.

V bowed a little so he can return the hug without releasing my hand that he's currently holding.

"EonJin-ssi, you still can't reach your brother's height since the last time I saw you. Are you even growing?" V teased the little girl.

So she's his younger sister? She's cute but her features are very different from V's. She looks more like their mother, and V got most of their father's genes.

"You visited us just a month ago, oppa. You can't expect me to grow extremely tall in that span of time." she answered while pouting cutely. "Is that a strawberry cake?" her face lightened up upon seeing the thing from V's hand.

"Yeah, your favorite..." V replied. "We bought it on the way here." he added and the girl turned her head questioningly at me, only realizing that V's not alone when he said "We".

I smiled at her and she blinked her eyes at me. "Hi, EonJin..." I greeted her.

I'm starting to get nervous since she's not saying anything to me for a long moment, but heaved a sigh of relief when she replied.

"Hello, unnie..." she greeted back. "You're really pretty... even prettier seeing you this close. And really tall..." she added while looking at me in awe.

"Uh.. thanks..." I shyly replied to her compliment.

"Your brother is a lucky guy, right?" V said while smiling at me. "Are you done checking my girlfriend out? Can we enter the house now?" he asked his sister, obviously teasing her.

"Ah.. yeah.. Please come in, unnie..." EonJin said, a little flustered.

We entered the house and my eyes wandered at the simplicity of the area. It's spacious and I can clearly tell that V's mother (or father) has a green thumb based on the different kinds of plants growing healthily in their garden. It's really refreshing that I can't help but to inhale deeply, loving the fresh smell that welcomed my nose.

"Where's Tan?" V asked his sister, eyes already looking for his favorite pet.

"He's probably in the kitchen, already waiting for his lunch." EonJin answered. "Mom, Dad! Tae-oppa is already here... together with his girlfriend." she called out when we reached their living room area.

I can't help my heart from beating so fast inside my chest as nervousness consumed me again. I'll be meeting V's parents any moment now, and I'm really worried that I might do something wrong that will make them hate me more.

"Let me take your trench coat..." I heard V said beside me, he probably noticed the beads of sweat slowly forming on my face.

I removed my hand from his hold to untie the ribbon of my coat and I also removed my hat before giving them to V. He placed it on the rack near the front door which is still visible to where I'm currently standing at in their living room. I'm actually hesitant to let him leave me alone, afraid that his parents will suddenly show up without him by my side, but he said that he'll be gone for only a minute so I let him.