30th Chapter

A week have passed with no signs or any messages from V. I'm still worried and I know this feeling won't leave me unless I've seen that he's doing okay. I just busied myself with our continuous practicing to avoid thinking about him, I even spent the longest in the practice room which I knew my unnies noticed but they didn't ask why. We are all busy and our priority right now is to perfect our performances, they probably thought that I'm just being serious on giving my best shot to our performance.

We are currently at the set of one of the year-end award shows to prerecord our performance. We arrived even before the dawn breaks as we made a request to make our group the first one to be recorded, so we can avoid the crowding of people outside. There'll be no audience for this performance, only the staffs (director, cameraman, writers, and other crew). It's not the same without our fans cheering for us but we're also relieved that this is the case for now. Our dating scandal is still fresh and haters are still out there giving their harsh opinions towards us.

"Please be on standby..." said by the man whom we assumed as one of the staffs. We exited our waiting room, dressed in an eclectic all-black outfits which still revealed our feminine features, sexy and unique in a way.

Before we can reach the stage, we need to pass through other idol's waiting rooms. My eyes wandered around as we walk, searching for any signs that V is here. I nearly tripped myself with a wire cable on the floor because I'm not paying attention to the steps I'm taking.

"Tzuyu-ah, be careful will you?" Nayeon said with concern, voice a little louder than usual because of the loud music from the sound system installed in every corner of the studio.

"Sorry, unnie.." I said apologetically. I took a last glance on the line of waiting rooms before going to the stage but there's still no signs of him.

I sighed in defeat, it's probably not the time yet for us to meet. For now, I need to focus on our performance.

My face automatically plastered a smile when the intro of our song started to play. Before I knew it, my body's already moving to every rhythm just like what I've practiced for so many times. This is what I like whenever we are performing, it's like Chou Tzuyu didn't exist as I became one with music. My passion is to perform, I've learned about this at an early age that's why I pursued a career here in Korea. I'm not scared of going alone and that my parents won't be with me, I'm rather excited to be honest. Excitement filled me knowing that I'm finally closer in achieving the thing I wanted the most.

I let myself to be carried away, to be lost even just for a while. We are running out of breath when the performance ended.

"That's a great performance... good job girls.." The director commented. We bowed our heads and muttered our thanks to them.

We went off the stage and started making our way back to the waiting room. I was surprised when the same staff who cued us to standby appeared in front of me.

"Miss Tzuyu, please have this bread..." he shyly said as he held out his hand grasping the bread. He must be a fan so I smiled at him and accepted his offer.

"Thank you.." I said to him as I bowed my head in acknowledgement. He smiled and walked away with a blush on his face.

"You still have the same effect to your fans..." said Sana who's walking beside me.

"Huh?" I absent-mindedly asked, eyeing the bread curiously. It seems that it's not an ordinary kind since it's my first time seeing this (unusual for a bread lover that I am).

"You can still make them blush just by saying a simple thanks.." Sana answered while also looking at the bread that I'm holding. "Oh, look! There's a note..." she pointed out.