chapter one

I and my twin sister jasmine, had always dreamt of a perfect duet wedding. And had awesome ideas on trips we would make with our future husband's and most especially where we would both give birth to our kids. But  unfortunately, all this dreams where shattered when she passed away.
Though in the outside world, people would say that we weren't really close, but in the inside world, we were inseparable and shared a lot of memories together.

Finally our eighteenth birthday came up. We were so excited, went for shopping, ate, drank and had a lot of fun. On our way back home, we opened the door. And everywhere was dark.
Then all of a sudden
We had a group echo "happy birthday Jasmine and Riley".
We were so happy but at the same time, surprised on how our parents managed to plan a surprised party and invited all our friends without us having any clue about it.

During the party, it was then time for us to cut the cake. But jasmine was no where to be found.
We searched round the house for her but couldn't find her.
We were all devastated and decided to call the 911 concerning it.
When we called them, they told us that we would have to wait till after 24 hours, before we could file a complaint.
We couldn't continue with the party any longer. And decided to go to all the neighbourhoods in search of jasmine. But we still couldn't trace her where about.
That night, my dad went out for a drink to calm himself down a little. While my mum wasn't able to get any sleep. And she kept on crying.

Later that night, I was able to put her to bed, but i myself couldn't sleep throughout the night.

The next morning, at exactly 6:00, which made it 24 hours of no news or trace of her where about. We decided to go to the station and file a missing complaint.
While in the station, the officer that was put in charge of the search, requested for a passport photograph of jasmine for easy identification. So we gave him one. And then he promised that he and his entire team would get back to us soonest.

After few hours of waiting at home with no news yet, it was indeed a tensed moment. No one had any appetite to eat or drink anything, and kept on praying for a good news.
After 4 hours of waiting. Finally the house landline rang, and it was the detective.

"hello, detective please any news yet".
My mum muttered with so much grieve.
" yes there is ma'am, but am afraid. The news is quite a very bad one. And so therefore, you will all have to report back to the station for it"
The detective said in a cold tune.

We reported back to the station looking so anxious.
The detective offered us a seat, while he began to talk;
" the investigation and search for your daughter, went on quite well. And we were able to find her body. But unfortunately, she was already dead.
And according to our investigations, she was murdered".
The detective said.
My mum just couldn't bear it at all, she immediately had fell into a heart attack and was taken to the Emergency room.

At that moment, all i could wish for. Was for the ground to open and swallow me, to save me from all what was happening.
I was so shocked that i couldn't altar a single word throughout that day.

Just when I taught the day couldn't get any worse, the doctor came and shared another heart breaking news;

"Am so sorry for what you guys are passing through right now, but as of now, there is nothing we can do to save your wife. Your wife had just slipped into a coma.
And am afraid but she will have to remain here for at least a month, under constant supervision until we witness any breakthrough from her current condition. But you and your daughter would have to go home now".
The doctor said to i and my dad, in a very calmed voice.

My dad drove me back home and dropped me at the door, and off he went to his usual place to have a drink.
I went straight to my room and cried bitterly.
The next day i woke up, went straight to my father's room. But he hadn't returned since yesterday night.
I felt so lonely at that moment and couldn't stay at home all by myself. So i decided to go to our neighbours, just along the road.
They had a daughter named 'Gloria', whom i attended the same high school with.

She was the only one I taught to visit and share my grieve with because she had also experienced grieve when her father passed away. Plus, she was the only friend I had ever had.
And at that moment, all I needed was a shoulder to cry on.

Gloria lost her dad recently, from a car accident. And since then her mum was forced to marry another man. So that she wouldn't have to train Gloria all by herself.