Chapter 3

Jirou's POV:

I was in my bedroom at the League's base. My pillow was stained with tears. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be with them, the people who had always been there for me. I betrayed them. They deserved to know the truth. The real reason I betrayed them. I ran into the bathroom in my bedroom and locked the door. I pulled out my phone, the phone with all of their phone numbers. I hoped at least one of them still has me unblocked. I hoped Kaminari would be the one to receive it, but I had a feeling he already blocked me. I began to record.

"Hey guys, it's me again. I hope one of you receives this, but if not, I guess this is for my own closure. Yeah, I'm the traitor. I joined the League before I started at UA. My parents owed them some sort of debt for a while. I ended up being the one to repay it. The League thought I had a useful quirk, so they kidnapped my parents. They told me to try out for UA. If I didn't get in, my parents would be killed. I got into UA and they still had my parents. They told me if I gave them inside information, my parents would be safe. I told them, yes, and that was before I met any of you. Yaomomo, Mina, I'm so sorry. You guys were my best friends. You still are, and I wish I could see you again. Sparky..." I paused. I wanted to think about what I wanted to say to him. "Sparky, I'm so sorry. If I had known you before I made the deal, I never would've taken it. I-" I got cut off. Someone knocked on my door.

"Kyoka! Tomura needs you! What are you doing?" Toga asked, continuing to knock on the door. I knew I needed to finish what I was saying fast. If they found out I was sending a separate message, my parents would be killed.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a second..! I'm in my bathroom, I just got out of the shower!" I called out to Toga. I needed her to go. I had taken a shower before I decided to send this message so it wasn't an entire lie.

"Oh, okay! I'll tell Tomura, just don't take long! I think you're getting to see them unless you make him wait too long. You know he doesn't like waiting!" She skipped away, going to tell Shigaraki. I went back to my video.

"Sparky, I, I love you. You deserve to know, especially if I never get to see you again. If you guys see me, I'll leave you alone. I could never hurt you guys. Any of you. If you can track this to try and save me, do it. I want to be a hero alongside you guys, though I doubt it could happen anymore. I have to go. I miss you all so much. Bye guys..." And with that, I ended my video. I tried sending it to everyone. I hid the phone and came out of my room to see Shigaraki. Kurogiri was with him, like always.

"Come on now, Kyoka Jirou. You get to see your parents. Tomura Shigaraki decided to be nice and let you see them right now. Follow me," Kurogiri said, opening some sort of secret bookcase. I followed them down and I saw my parents in their cell. I ran to them.

"Mom, Dad!" I cried out. I longed to hug them, but I couldn't. I turn to Kurogiri and Shigaraki. "I've done what you've asked, can they go home now, please?" They quietly discuss.

"We'll allow them to go home, but if they speak of anything here, they will be back here again. Understood?" Shigaraki said. I nodded and watched as Kurogiri warped them away. I was glad they were safe.