The TARDIS

Alex immediately dashed over and tried to shake Carmen awake. "Mum, wake up! It's me, Alex!"

There was no response. The Doctor opened one of Carmen's eyelids and looked carefully at the pupil in the centre of the eye.

"I thought those three ladies were unusually silent, even for ninjas," he said. "This poor woman has been hypnotised, and so presumably have her two friends."

"That means we've just fought off our own mums," realised Sam, feeling slightly queasy all of a sudden.

"Now what are we going to do?" asked Clover desperately.

Alex started to lift her mother over her shoulder. "Let's get Mum back to WOOHP and find a way to de-hypnotise her. Then maybe she'll be able to tell us what happened," she said, straining under Carmen's weight.

"Actually I might be able to help you there," said the Doctor. "If you ladies would care to follow me."

He led the way back to the alleyway where he had first appeared, towards the strange blue box that he had arrived in. Fishing out a key from his coat pocket, he opened the box's door and gestured for the spies to enter.

"You're kidding right?" said Clover, narrowing her eyes. "There's not enough room in there to hold the contents of my wardrobe, let alone the five of us!"

"Trust me. There's plenty of room inside," said the Doctor assuredly, before popping into the box. The girls looked at each other wearily, but decided to give the Doctor the benefit of the doubt. Carrying Carmen between them, they followed him inside... and were astounded by what they saw.

"Err guys," started an open-mouthed Clover. "We did just walk into a small wooden box, didn't we?"

"Yeah, we did," confirmed an equally astonished Sam.

The room inside was impossibly huge. It was like they had walked straight into a Victorian parlour, complete with a small library at one end, and a large collection of clocks in the other. At the centre of the room was a six-sided console with various switches and dials on each panel, and a glass cylinder that emerged from the centre of the apparatus and connected to what seemed to be a metal engine, held in place by six half-arches which surrounded the console.

 At the centre of the room was a six-sided console with various switches and dials on each panel, and a glass cylinder that emerged from the centre of the apparatus and connected to what seemed to be a metal engine, held in place by six half-arche...

"Welcome to the TARDIS, ladies. It's my home from home as it were," said the Doctor cheerily as he crossed over to a vast bureau and started rummaging through the contents of its drawers.

"Now let's see, where is it?" he said to himself absentmindedly as he took out various objects. "'The Time Machine' by H. G. Wells... No, that's not it. Tickets to the 200th Intergalactic Olympics, no... Signed Blu-Ray of 'Love In A Space Station'? Where in time and space did I get that?"

He continued searching for another minute, before declaring "Ah, eureka!" and took what looked like a blue sapphire out from one of the drawers. He turned back to the spies.