ninth.

Matt's POV

"Fuck!" I yelled as I accidentally burnt my skin by my loghter.

"such harsh words." a petite feminine voice said, from the back of me, I turned around and faced my old best friend.

"Makayla?" I said as she smirked.

"you got hot." she said as I checked her out, comparing now and three years ago she looks really different.

"you got tattoos? and piercings?" I said.

"you got it too, but I'm sure we got it for different reasons." she said as I looked at her wrist where I seen it.

My nickname for her and hers for me.

but under that, I seen scars, which looked deep but they were faded.

"why are you in collage? didn't you drop out?" I asked.

"nah, I came back because I wanted a life, my parents can't pay for everything you know."

"where are they?" I asked.

"I don't know, and I certainly don't care. If they can leave me and my brothers by myself everyday for their own needs, they can take care of themselves." Makayla said harshly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know-"

"of course you didn't, you left me. You forgot about me. I didn't know how to react when your mom told me you went to move in with Taylor. In Indiana!" she said as a tear fell.

"I'm sorry, princess." I whispered as I hugged her.

"It's too late." She whispered.

"Why?"

"Because J-"

'-------

Short shit chapter sorry