Chapter One

Jack Royce and Ed Royal were alone.They didn’t know what was happening. Their home collapsed and they blacked out.  Everything was on fire and there were melted bodies all over. They were terrified and were surrounded by cracks in the ground. They saw these two distorted figures in the distance. They screamed at the top of their lungs “HELP, PLEASE!” But what they didn’t know was that the two figures weren’t human. They were bloody, burnt, and craving a meal. They slowly started walking towards Ed and Jack. They were confused, and scared They didn’t want to see who they were and what they wanted, so they ran for their lives.

They were cut off by a crack in the ground, four or five feet wide. Ed made it barely and Jack slipped and was hanging on for his life. Ed helped him up, looked up and saw the creatures in the distance moving faster at them. They ran as fast as they could. They made it to a house, having no time to think, they ran in. They each went to the kitchen, knowing they had to be prepared for a fight, they each grabbed something as a weapon. Ed grabbed a long knife, and Jack grabbed a large hammer that was laying on the ground. The two distorted creatures got over the crack somehow and came into the house, and ran at them with a starving look in their face

One of the creatures lunged at Jack, who responded by putting up his hammer and stopping the beast from falling onto him. The other creature ran at Ed, who held his knife out, only to have stabbed the creatures arm. But that didn't stop him from trying to bite him in the face. Right before the creature bit his face, Jack came over and crashed the creatures skull. Ed looked over to see the other creature on the ground unmoving.

They were sweating and dying of dehydration after the encounter. It wasn't that long ago that they were fighting the beasts, but it took everything to kill the beast. They were only 16, but lucky to be alive.

“What were those things?!” Jack said hysterically.

“I have no idea” Ed responded.

“Where is everybody? Langhorne is a very populated area.” Jack asked.

“Seems like they all disappeared.” Ed replied.

The two boys set off to see if anyone was still alive. But no one was. They were starting to lose hope. Then they heard a scream in the distance.

“HELP ME!” Screamed a female voice.

“We have to help them.” said Jack.

“Alright, let’s go.” Said Ed.

“It came from that direction.” Jack said while pointing to their left.

They ran, as they got closer they heard a baby crying. Oh no, Thought Jack.

“That doesn’t sound good. Let’s hurry.” Ed said as they started running to the screams .

As they approached the screams, they saw a teenager, about their age holding a baby. She had long brown hair and was very beautiful. That was the first thing Jack thought. The second thing he thought was she was surrounded by the demonic creatures.

Jack immediately charged at them with his hammer and smashed ones skull. Ed had collected a few knives and threw one, lodging it into the skull of another. After all the creatures were dead, Jack ran up to the girl and said “Are you okay?” She nodded her head yes and said thank you. She had a British accent, and Ed had a British accent whereas Jack had a Scottish accent.

‘What’s your name?” Jack asked.

She replied by saying “My name is Kieran. His name is Jason”  She said while pointing at the baby.

“Let’s get going to see if we can find a place to sleep for the night.” Ed said.

“Let’s go.” Jack replied