Chapter Two

They eventually found an old apartment building, that was barely damaged, to sleep in. They went to the second floor and went into the one closest to the stairs that didn’t have a balcony. All the way there Jack kept Kieran company and talked to her the entire walk, while Ed was leading and not talking. Ed was more shy than Jack. Ed was holding Jason the whole time. He could tell that Jack liked Kieran. Ed was always shyer than Jack, and he liked that.

They all had to sleep on the floor, but they didn’t need any blankets because it was really hot. Ed was up all night thinking but he let Jack and Kieran sleep. He liked thinking in general. Jack was more of a don’t think and do kind of person. Jack might be younger and shorter than Ed, but don't underestimate his strength. He is stronger, faster and tougher than Ed. But Ed was smarter. Ed liked that about their friendship. Jack was tall, but not as tall as Ed. Jack also had short swooped hair, Ed had almost a shaved head, they both had brown hair. Jacks was darker though, almost black.

In the middle of the night Ed heard a dog barking from outside. He went outside to check it out. He came out to see the dog with two creatures next to it. Ed ran at them and pulled out his knife. He stabbed twice into the chest of the first one, then pulled it out to stab the other in the arm. The creature reached for him with his good arm, it dug its nails into Ed’s arm. Ed screamed out in pain, then to his amazement, the dog jumped onto the creatures back and bit into its neck.

The dog was a black lab. Ed brought it upstairs into the apartment, he named it Dancer. The dog was female.

As he was bringing the dog up the stairs, Jack came running down, shirtless with his hammer.

“Whats wrong? I heard you yell and a dog barking.” Jack said.

“I heard a dog bark, so I went outside to see what was happening.” Ed replied.” It was being attack by two of those creatures. I attacked one and killed it, then I missed the other, so it dug its nails into my arm. The dog jumped onto its back and bit into the things neck.”

Then they saw Kieran coming down the stairs with a plank of wood. Ed explained to her what had happened.

“Are you alright?” She asked

‘Yeah, my arm is just a bit burnt. It didn’t cut me.” Ed replied.

“Where is Jason?” Jack asked.

“He is upstairs asleep.” Kieran said.

‘What did you name the dog?” Jack asked Ed.

“I named her Dancer.” Ed replied.

“Thats cute” Said Kieran.

Later, Kieran is sitting against a wall crying. Jack goes up to her and puts his arm over her shoulders and says “We are going to protect you and Jason.”

Across from the room Ed yells “TRUE DAT!”

Kieran laughs and Jack says “Shut up.” Says Jack smiling.

Jack has always been a better flirt, and he is smoother around girls. Ed was awkward and shy. He was going to make his move soon, and Ed knew it.

In the morning, they were starving and dehydrated. Ed and Jack went out for supplies while Kieran stayed to watch Jason. Kieran was looking for things in the apartment as well. She found some water, food and medicine for Eds burn.

Ed and Jack found a store that had a lot of food, most of it burnt, and a bunch of water bottles. They also found some more tools and weapons, such as a metal ended club for Jack. After that they went to the fire department, because Ed wanted a firemans axe, which they managed to find. On their way back they ran into a group of five creatures. Ed immediately wanted to test out his new weapon, so he went up to one and slammed it into the creatures head. Jack smashed the skull of another. Ed lodged his axe into the side of another. Jack hit another one in the foot so that it would fall, then crushed its skull while it was on the ground. They both hit the head of the last one.

They thought that was the end, but they were wrong. On the streets of the apartments, there were at least 15 demonic creatures. The creatures turned and saw them and came running at them. Ed and Jack heard a scream coming from the apartments.

Jack immediately sprinted through all the creatures and ran into the building to find that Kieran was surrounded by 9 of the demon-like creatures. He went in with his club and smashed two of the creatures heads in one swing. He broke the ribs of another. two others  jumped onto him and started scratching him and biting him. Ed wasn’t able to get there, because he had to deal with the ones outside. Kieran was surrounded and burnt. Close to death.