Chapter Seven

They were almost to the pharmacy, luckily, they were completely unharmed. Since they had some downtime while walking to the store, they were having a good time getting to know the new people. Like how Griff is homosexual, Zoey was orphaned when she was nine and how Ember was anorexic for two years. Kieran learned a lot since her and Jack didn't have time for social activity. Jack and Keiran talked alone. Jack found out that Jason is her nephew and she found out that once Jack was beaten up by bullies so bad, one time he was put in the hospital with a concussion, a broken arm and a broken leg. That story is why Jack started working out and started eating healthier.

The sound of gunshots sent everyone into a frenzy. Jack covered over Keiran and Jason and ran them to a lone house that was down the street for more protection. Ed rushed everyone else to another house to hide out in.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" Griff screamed.

"I have to find Jack!" Ed said as he went around the house.

Keiran and Jason were both silently crying. Jack shushed them.

"I am going around to find Ed, stay here!" Jack said silently. Keiran nodded as she covered up Jason's mouth. He kissed her on the cheek and sprinted out the back door. Ed and Jack ran into each other within seconds.

"WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO?" Jack said.

"We need to find out who shot that!" Ed replied.

"I have an idea!" Jack said

Jack told him his plan and they ran behind the houses, jumping fences and dodging pools until they were far down the street, then they crossed to take out the some from behind. Half way through the street they saw people with guns in houses.

"Shit!" Ed said

"I see them too, but they are not very good at their job, we just cross the open street. There entered the first house, and snuck up to the top floor. There they were. Decked out in gear and bullets. A shit ton of bullets. Jack snuck up behind one, walking on the balls of his feet, and silently cracked his skull open with one blow. Ed was quickly on the other one, turning him around and slipping his sword into the boys stomach. The boys eyes were wide in fear and surprise, and Ed just watched his eyes slowly lose their life. As the adrenaline rush slowly died down, they realized what they had just done out of fear. As Ed's kill died, he spit up blood all up on Ed.

Moving on to the next house, they both did the same thing. About to move onto the large group with the bigger fire power. Jack looked around and saw something awful.

"SHIT SHIT SHIT! HOW DID THEY GET THERE!" Jack yelled.

"What!" Ed responded.

Before Jack could answer, he was running down stairs, through the front door and into the... the street.

Ed saw what Jack saw. One of those goons got into the same house that Jason and Keiran were in.

The sight of the boy running through the street made Reuben have his little minions start a frenzy of gunfire. Jack heard and saw the bullets flying and ran a good 17 miles an hour, faster than anybody he ever knew his age. The sudden adrenaline in his body made him not even feel the bullet that hit his left arm.

Ed saw the bloody bullet hole from across the street, but Jack didn't slow down surprisingly. He took this chance to go to the larger group of people. Running behind the houses until he got to the turn where they were. Going to the back unnoticed. That was until the gunfire stopped.

Shit, why now! Ed thought. The closest gunman heard his footsteps and turned around. He had a sword at his throat before he knew what was happening, of course.