Rainy days

Akari ran through the streets as fast as she could. It was pouring out, the rain hit the pavement like buckets. She slowed her pace and looked around eyes beamed with excitement when she saw a shrine not too far. Picking up the pace once more she pushed her legs in the direction of the shrine. Finally, she was under the comfort of the shrine, she placed her hands on her knees that felt wobbly and tried to catch her breath. She didn't know the sky would open like it did, so she didn't bring an umbrella with her. Idiot was the thought that ran through her head when it first started to rain.

Akari looked up at the sky, she furred her eyebrows together when she realized the dark clouds didn't seem to want to move. The girl let out a frustrated groan and shook her hair.

"Fuck this weather" a voice echoed through the air, Akari jumped. Looking  behind the wall she saw a boy standing there his hands in his pocket, his hair too soaked. Akari's cheeks warmed when she saw who it was. Bakugou, Katsuki. He was in the same school as her, but he didn't seem to notice her too much.

Looking at her feet Akari took a gulp, he was scary in school, but she always thought he was cute "Yeah, this weather sucks"

"The fuck?" Bakugou turned and looked beyond the wooden panel that separated him and the person behind it. He looked at the girl who stood behind it, she wore the same uniform as the girls in his school. He stared at her a little longer and realized he had seen her around before. She usually had her friends that she spoke to, she really didn't annoy him like the other girls. Her quirk, he wasn't sure. Normally by this time in middle school it would be apparent what their quirk was.

"You got stuck too?" The girl asked, she tilted her head up at the sky then at Bakugou. She had a small smile. He said nothing only looking at the girl, she nodded head "Yeah, me too" still she looked up at the sky. Rain splashed in the puddles nearby and some mist was forming.

Silence filled the void between them, Bakugou had nothing to say to the girl he barely knew her. Honestly, most people pissed him off. "So, I heard you got a pretty cool quirk?" Akari broke the silence her lips pressed together waiting for a response. Akari hoped she didn't push her boundaries.

"Yeah I do! It's freaking amazing!" Bakugou responded enthusiastically, this time the girl turned to the hot-headed blonde and smiled excitingly "let's see then!"

Bakugou smirked, he loved showing his quirk off. He pulled out his hands from his pockets and showed his hands. Small explosions began to burst from his hands, and his eyes widened with excitement "See my quirk is amazing! I'm going to be the number hero! Watch"

Akari let out a small laugh, Bakugou turned to the girl his eyes were a lit "What the hell you are laughing at!?" more sparks burst from his hand reacting to his temper.

The young girl held her hands up in defense "No, you got it wrong!" Clearing her throat, she pulled a piece of hair behind her ear. It was short like a bob, the tips tainted blue "I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at how your expression changed from 'I'll murder you' to 'I'm going to be the number one hero' so fast." Her smile was genuine as she spoke her next words "I believe you can do it; you know we're in the same school right?"

Bakugou rolled his eyes and gave a scowl "Yeah I freaking know that idiot, what does that have to do with anything?"

"Just curious if you recognized me or not" The girl gave him a kind smile and all he did was glare at her. Sticking out her hand, she felt the rain wasn't coming down as hard. She could make it to a bus stop if she moved fast enough. The air felt heavy and yet light at the same time. Stepping out the girl with a bob haircut and blue tips at the end turned to face Bakugou "Looks like the rain let up, I'll see you tomorrow" With a wave she disappeared.