iii. ride or die (3)

The big doors of the church opened, the entourage started, the choir started singing, the guests started taking pictures, and the groom was there.. standing. With tears in his eyes, waiting for them to pour.

The venue was simple but really spectacular. The details were on-point. The motif and the designs were really well-planned. The pink and white carnations were every where. There are pink and white rose petals at the red carpet that made it more beautiful.

He looked at me and smiled, when it was my turn, I walked. Without inhibitions. But slowly. I wanted to feel this moment.

Our eyes met, he smiled, and I smiled back, too—nervously. As I approach the end of the carpet, we both smiled to each other. And cried.

He laughed and wiped my tears, then his tears. "You're such a crybaby, Lisa," he whispered, gently. "How am I supposed to leave you if you're like this?"

It's my turn to chuckle, "Don't worry about me," I tapped his shoulder, "You'll be a great husband, Kook. Minjee was so lucky," she truthfully said.

She started walking away when Jungkook spoke, "Lisa," he murmured, breathless. "I'm so lucky you are my best friend,"

"Because I'm pretty? I know that," she said that made both of them laugh. Then her face became serious. "I'm lucky you're my best friend, too, Jungkook. Always remember that,"

He smiled warmly, just like how she liked her coffee in the morning—sweet and warm. "I love you, Lisa. You'll be forever my ride or die,"

His words stung. She didn't know loving Jungkook was this hard and painful. But still, she smiled.. a genuine one. "I love you too, my ride or die,"

"Are you sure you're not going to finish the ceremony? You can still change your mind, though," Jungkook insisted, frowning.

But she just sighed, looked at her wrist watch and shook her head, "I might be late for my flight," she paused and wiped Jungkook's forehead. "We'll gonna see each other soon, yeah? I'll visit if my schedule permits," she assured him. "Besides, I helped a lot in the wedding preparations, I have my excuse." she finished.

Jungkook looked at her eyes and he saw nothing. He felt like his best friend was gone long time ago. And it pains him seeing her like this. The distance between them, it really hurts that they became like this. He just sighed. "Okay," that made Lisa smile. But not enough to reach her eyes. "Just call me if something goes wrong, alright?" she nodded and they hugged. "I'll miss you,"

"I'll miss you too, big nose," she smiled at him for the last time. When she turned around and was already outside of the church, the tears burst up. She cannot breathe nor speak.

She once again looked inside and saw the bride and the groom smiling to each other. She smiled bitterly and bit her lips to stop them on creating sounds that can interrupt what was happening inside.

When Jungkook told her his plan on marrying Minjee, her whole world crashed down. She was on an important meeting back then but she excused herself just to learn that plan. She lost her focus after that. Months later, she went back to their country and the couple asked her to help them in the wedding preparations. She wanted to say no. But after seeing Jungkook's smile while saying please, she lost all her defenses.

That's what's wrong with her. A simple smile from her best friend can drive her nuts. It's like a spell. She can't get away with it that easy.

So she obliged. She helped them. They wanted to appoint her being the maid-of-honor but she took the offer down. She had enough. She wanted to take some time away from them—from him.. exactly at the day of their wedding.

And that's what she's doing right now. Being a pathetic girl that's head-over-heels with her childhood friend.

When she took another step away, trembling, then she heard Jungkook's vow. It really made her pity herself for being stuck with him. For being a dumb. For being okay with this whole friend-zoned thing.

And there comes another set of tears. This hurts like hell. But she accepted her fate long time ago. That Minjee's the love of his life, and she's just his ride or die. Just his ride or die.

She started the engine of her car. She wanted to prioritize herself first. Just herself.

**

this will be the last for the ride or die (series?) hehe

unedited. all mistakes are mine.

and oh, happy 5k!