xx. fall out

"Lisa!" my buddy, Jisoo called me. I raised my eyebrows in response. "Jungkook wants to talk to you,"

I nodded, and ran to the place she told me where Jungkook was. I calmed myself before opening the door, preventing myself to scream.

Jungkook is my suitor, for 2 years? 2 years, I think? I promised myself that if I'm already ready, I'd be saying yes to him. In a flash.

I just want to clarify. I love him. So much. But in the past 2 years, I'm just not ready. When he started courting me, I had problems with my academics and he understood.

"I'll wait," he kissed my forehead. "Even if it takes a lifetime. I'll wait,"

After a year, my mother died. I wanted to move forward. I wanted to be happy. He understood and he said he'll wait for me. Again.

"Don't worry, love," he calmly whispered and wiped my tears. Looking at me softly. "I'll wait for you. I'll be there with you. I'll heal with you,"

I shook my head and smiled, remembering his sweet words. Jungkook is all that you can wish for.

I twisted the knob and opened the door, finding him inside, sitting on one of the chairs, with his head resting on the table. He looks troubled.

I went to him and tapped his shoulder, "What's the problem?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled. Before, whenever he smiles, you can see the stars in his eyes. But now, no matter how hard I find it, they seem to be.. dark. And lonely.

And it bothers me.

So I held his hands, "Jungkook.."

He cleared his throat and spoke with shaky voice, "Lisa," he smiled weakly. "I think.." he paused. "I think I can't do this anymore,"

Those words are like knives that punctured my heart. It broke me. It pained me.

No matter how bad I want to speak, I can't. I just let my tears speak for me.

"I loved you. So much. You know that. But.." he sighed, wiping his tears. He's crying? Why? "I can't wait anymore. I'm sorry. Really,"

I gathered all my strength to speak, "Why?" I said with quivering lips. Fighting the urge to cry harder.

"I fell.." he bit his lips. "out,"

I let go of his hands and bowed my head down.

He didn't even bother to take my hands again.

He just let me go.. like that.

**
hehe. sorry. happy 8k! :)

unedited. all mistakes are mine.