chapter three

━━━━━ THE
SEVEN DEADLY SINS.

some legends are told, some turn to dust or to gold

━━━━━

(   CHAPTER THREE!   )

IT ONLY TAKES ONE LOOK

IT ONLY TAKES ONE LOOK. One look, and Ace is certain she's staring straight into heaven. Straight into the eyes of a safe haven she deemed could never be found. Cold fingers skim the spine of old, worn out books. Books that are the perfect expression of everything the world once was, everything the world now is not. All that is impossible to attain, out of sight and out of reach. All that dissipates within their weak grasp as they aimlessly attempt to make sense of the chaos engulfing them. The civilization, law and morals that can't ever be retrieved.

Retrieved, or saved from the relentless claws of the devil. He who digs his blackened fingers into the souls of the living, spreading his darkness like a wildfire with this unholy touch that he forcefully inflicts upon them. He who suffocates and crushes the remains of righteousness and purity, of virtue that grows more rare as the painful days beneath his sinful domination slowly go by.

The large and wide wooden shelf in Gregory's empty office is filled with endless rows of various stories. Yet, none resemble the one they currently live. None reflect their bitter truth, none mirror their harsh reality. None can come close to describe the life Negan mercilessly stripped from them and claimed as his own. Words upon words that have become without depth, without meaning. Empty words that are but a mere memory of the old ways, of the former order.

And who would be the one to tell tales of the new way, of the new order under the Red Man's indisputable reign? Who would turn them into history if not themselves? After all, one day, this would all be just that: history. A remembrance told of the last fight, of the last breath of the human race that shed blood and tears to persist when face to face with the Grim Reaper who comes to collect their souls like roses from a garden.