chapter five

━━━━━ THE
SEVEN DEADLY SINS.

you take all the pain away

━━━━━

( CHAPTER FIVE! )

IT ONLY TAKES ONE LOOK

IT ONLY TAKES ONE LOOK. One degrading, lowering and sneering look from the God of all cowards. For them to see right through him. Right through the stubborn and hot-headed decomposing facade, the dissolving diplomatic act that he could not keep up any further. And into the petrified, frail and broken shell of a man he truly is. The morning following the planned attack of the undead slowly but surely comes, and a good hearted trio find themselves arguing yet again with Gregory in order to provide refuge for Maggie and Sasha. But the one clad in a suit amidst the apocalypse is intent on not finding a middle ground, refusing to detach himself from his original opposition regarding the matter at hand. Even if the women have deserved and earned their keep.

Their dispute falls short as they are cut off by the loud, screeching and startling arrival of those who call themselves the Saviors. Panic and fright become crystal clear on the failure for a ruler's face, brows furrowing and eyes reflective of nothing but pure terror as he hardly swallows.

Jesus is quick to lead both Alexandrians away from the office and into Gregory's bedroom, hiding them in the closet. Then, he dashes to his own chamber to collect his knives in case something grave were to happen. Only, to his surprise, he finds Ace sitting at the edge of the bed, lightly flipping through the book that was previously on his nightstand.

"This is good," she starts with a small grin on her face. "Can I —"

"Sh," he interrupts her and motions with his hand for her to be quiet, earning a confused frown as he hurriedly speaks, time seeming to be escaping them. "They're here. You can't be seen. Don't leave until I come and get you. Understood?"