chapter four

━━━━━ THE
SEVEN DEADLY SINS.

━━━━━ THESEVEN DEADLY SINS

pray for me, sin for me.
━━━━━

(   CHAPTER FOUR!   )

IT ONLY TAKES ONE LOOK

IT ONLY TAKES ONE LOOK. One look through the clear window of Barrington House's vacant room, a single look into the starry and still midnight sky. For her to perceive what is invisible to the human eye; the deadly, eerie silence that this twilight holds. What can't be seen, but is certain to be roaming somewhere out there, are the monsters that lurk in the vicinity of the quiet. For in the absence of sound, they wander. They prowl, searching for their next prey. Patiently waiting to strike at any given moment and inflict fear and suffering upon the weak, those beneath their deadly reign. And this very moment is as unsettling as it is frightening, for it feels like the right one.

When the silence is violently torn, shredded into a million pieces by the loud blaring of music erupting from a car radio, the vicious creatures awake and rise. Their hollow, empty eyes open. The remains of their broken souls come to life. Their partly functioning brains and unbeating hearts start to barely operate. Their mechanism structured and wired for one specific goal in mind.

To find flesh, to find blood. Endlessly feed in order to fill the void this virus planted within them. Their sole purpose the complete end and obliteration of the human race. For them to finally prevail, for them to finally be the only ones standing. To claim their crown, their throne as the rightful heirs of this new world, as the only possibility of future and form of life.

But truth is, they are merely but the Devil's pawns, puppets attached to strings which he manipulatively pulls to complete his mission, to achieve all of his wicked desires. Foul and vile minions, used only as servants to fulfill his purpose. Ones that lurk within the silence, attracted to commotion that is like a battle cry to them, a siren obliging them to attack and leave a mass of destruction in their wake.