Chapter 22-Season 3

Dazai had gotten in touch with Akutagawa while I contacted Atsushi and Kunikida. Our plan was to go after the criminal with the virus ability. Dazai was released the next day from the hospital and we began the plan. Kunikida picked us up in the semi-truck and he drove while Dazai, Atsushi, Akutagawa, and I were in the trailer.

"Let me go, Dazai!" Atsushi shouts in displeasure. Dazai was holding Atsushi and Akutagawa by the scruffs of their shirt collars. I watched the dispute from the top of a box that was behind Atsushi.

"Nope." Dazai grins smugly. "You two are going to start fighting with your special abilities again."

"But..." Atsushi complains, sitting up a bit more. Dazai's dramatic butt reacts to Atsushi's movement guilt-tripping the poor boy.

"Ow, ow!" Dazai whines. "Please don't struggle so much. You're going to reopen the wound on my tummy."

"Osamu, stop being so dramatic." I groan, rolling my eyes at his childish behavior.

"Why is Akutagawa here for our retaliation mission to save the president?" Atsushi wonders.

"Because that's my plan." Dazai replies. "I'm going to have the two of you sneak into the enemy hideout together."

"Huh?" Atsushi breathes.

"The enemy base is in an old abandoned coal mine. It's several hundred kilometers wide. The interior is packed with sensors and traps to stop intruders. Our main target is the gifted who controls the virus. Unless we can disable his special ability, both bosses could die. Our secondary target is their leader, Fyodor."

"Isn't that all the more reason to keep him out of such an important mission? Akutagawa's hatred for me is beyond reason. There's no way the mission is going to pan out."

"Obviously Atsushi, you haven't met Aku while he's with Dazai. He's pretty obedient." I comment.

"So you say, Atsushi." Dazai says before looking down at Akutagawa on his right. "Well?" He asks Akutagawa.

"I'll carry out the mission." Akutagawa states with a focused look on his face.

"It's been four years since you've been under my command, huh? I hope to see you a little more capable now."

"Yes, sir." Akutagawa grunts.

"You're actually Akutagawa, right?" Atsushi asks the silent rabid dog.

"Yeah."

"You're going to cooperate with me in battle?"

"Yeah."

"What did you have for dinner last night?"

"Yeah."

"Dude..." Atsushi sighs.

"See, I told you, Atsushi." I retort patting the said boy on the back. "Pretty obedient." Chuckling, I smile down at the weretiger.

>>><<<

We parked the semi-truck in the forest that surrounded the mine. The five of us then got out and hid behind trees and bushes observing the guards stationed outside. Talking quietly, we discussed the plan on how Atsushi and Akutagawa were getting inside.

"Look at all those guards." Atsushi whispers.

"They all have wireless communicators. If we fight, the enemy headquarters will know instantly." Dazai comments. "The sensor at the entrance is a countermeasure against Junichiro's illusion ability. Their vital signs are being sent to headquarters every minute. They'll know something is wrong if the guards so much as become excited or nervous."