part 5 - reunited

Masons POV

I look down at the small girl to see her curling into my jacket, lip quivering, and teary-eyed. Does she know whats going on? No, it's probably just because she's seen her dad seemingly disappear and hasn't come back yet. I don't think she understands its gonna be a bit before we see him again, so I make a mental note of a tantrum sooner or later. I locate the nearest outlet before grabbing my charger and plugging my phone in. I take my jacket off and wrap it around Bella. 

It's been about half an hour of watching youtube videos until Bella is fast asleep. I start to see even more similarities between her and Beau. I easily recall an image of Beau in my head: when we were walking around the shops on our way to the cafe earlier. The fairy lights lit up his face and his gorgeous smile appeared. Its like having a mini, female, baby Beau. I decide to give my first update of the night. 

Smiling at the text, I switch off my phone and get up carefully

Smiling at the text, I switch off my phone and get up carefully. I settle Bella laying against my shoulder and set off to find my coffee. Moving from Utah to New York is proving to be quite a long journey. 

-

Beau POV

I smile at the photo of Bella asleep up against Mason until I notice the bottom of the picture. Mason's shirt is lifted up just enough to see an ab, and just like that, I'm dead. Okay, I'm not but like- I want a piece. Just- Just a bit of that, that's all. I spend my time looking through any accounts with mason's name, then book-marking one of his posts just for... future research purposes. Before I know it, I've fallen asleep.

-

Mason POV

Locate train gate, check. Board train, check. Check for baby, phone, and charger, check. Find seat not too far but not too close from people, eh- I did good enough. I don't sleep for the train ride there but Bella sleeps for most of it. I don't want to sleep just in case somebody tries to pull something.

Eventually, we make it to our final destination and I call a nervous Beau to let him know of our arrival. I see him b-lining towards us until he finally wraps his arms around Bella and I. I just hug him back, knowing he's happy his daughter is safe and sound until I start hearing soft, muffled sniffles.

"Beau, you have a plan, right? Do you know where you're going?" He just shakes his head into my chest. I softly grab his hand and lead him to a taxi while I carry luggage and Bella falls back to sleep.