Chapter 5

Taylor's Pov

I'm sitting at the table reading a menu. I look at my watch. It's 6:40. Austin, my brother, is late. I continue reading the menu and just as i've made a descicion on what i will be ordering tonight, I hear a voice. 

"Taylor Swift, funny seeing you here"

I look up. It's Justin and I automatically smile. 

"Hey Justin, what are you doing here? are you with someone?"

He answers. "Oh, no, I'm single".

I laugh. "No, no, i didn't mean it like that. I meant are you eating dinner with someone tonight - or are you alone?" I watch his face as his cheeks go bright red. I laugh again - just to reduce the awkwardness. He laughs it off pretty well.

"Well that's embarrassing. Now, to answer your question properly: no i'm here alone - I'm ordering takeout. To take home and eat. Alone", he pauses, "how about you?".

"I'm waiting for my brother - he was supposed to be here...", i look at my watch then continue, "fifteen minutes ago now. I'll send him a text in a minute".

Justin looks blank for a moment, then continues.

"well, i'm sure he'll be here soon. I better go and, uh... order my meal. See you Monday" he smiles and starts to walk to a table nearby, and suddenly i hear my voice asking him if he wants to stay and sit with me. 

"But aren't you waiting for your brother?", he asks. 

"Yes, but in the meantime..." I wait for a reply while he looks at the chair then back up at me.

"ok"

A quick and short reply, and he comes and takes a seat across from me. While he reads the menu i can't help but stare at him. His face, his well-kept beard, his delicate lips, his sculpted jaw-line and those eyes - those perfect crystal blue eyes which seem to sparkle whenever he looks at me. No wonder i've had a massive crush on him all these years. He's so strong and masculine - yet in him i see a definate soft side and purity. I want to know him - i want to get to know him and i want to be his friend. 

Justin's Pov

I sit down and read the menu for a minute, and when i look back up, Taylor is staring at me. Our eyes make contact - and she quickly re-directs her eyes to her menu.

"Uh... have you decided on a meal?" I ask to break the silence.

"yeah, i think i'm gonna order the Oyster-chicken stir fry dish. Do you wanna share? - its a platter for two" she looks up at me and waits for my answer. I think she's forgotten that she's suppossed to be eating with her brother.

Anyhow, I reply with a yes. 

"Great", she says, "easy". 

I'm suddenly aware of the music playing in the restaurant. It's one of Taylor's songs - 'I knew you were trouble' - from her 'Red' album released a couple of years ago. 

"hey", i say, "their playing your song".

"Ugh, i hate it when they do that"

"Why?", i ask her, "do they do it purposely?"

"Well, i dont know if they do it purposely or not - but it makes me feel really awkward. You would know the feeling though, right? Hearing your song being played in shopping centres and resturants and on the radio. It feels weird"

"Yeah, of course it's happened to me before, but it doesn't make me feel weird - it makes me feel proud to have my song playing and being listened to by people across the globe, even in a shopping centre" I answer.

"Yeah, i guess so. Maybe i's just because your here listening to it" she says awkwardly.

I'm confused why she could be embarrassed to have me listen to her music. I see and hear her perform at all the big music awards nights, when she's singing live. "I love your music," i say to comfort her, " I love your voice".

She blushes. "Thanks, i love yours too. I've got every one of your albums" she says with a laugh and more blushing.

"So... who's this song about then?" I ask. I've always wondered who her songs are about, with her dating all these big celebrities it's interesting information to know. 

"I usually don't give away that kind of information" she says with a smile. 

"Even to me?" I'm flirting now. 

"Even to you" she says. 

And with that, it's done.

A small man in a bow-tie approaches our table to take our order at the same time Austin shows up. The bow-tie man excuses himself while Austin approaches Taylor. 

"Taylor, I'm so sorry i'm late. I was late out the door and then the traffic and --" then he sees me. "Justin Timberlake, wow, pleasure to meet you" he offers me his hand and i shake it. 

"Austin, Taylor's brother, nice to meet you. Sorry to rush off all of a sudden but i better be going. Here, Austin i'll give you your seat," I get up from the chair and offer it to Austin and stand aside as he sits down. Taylor starts to speak:

"Justin, you don't have to leave, we can pull another chair over, I'm sure Austin won't mind."

I consider it for a second, but i decide it's better for me to go home.

"No, no, really. I should be getting home anyways. I need to read over the script and rehearse for Monday's scenes".

"Okay," Taylor says, "see you Monday, Justin. Thankyou for keeping me company tonight due to my brother's lateness". She gives Austin a stern glance. 

"Alright, pleasure to meet you Austin. See you on Monday Taylor, bye" and with that i walk out the restaurant doors and towards my car which i parked nearby. 

As i get into my car i realise that after all that - i hadn't ordered my dinner.