C13. chasing waterfalls

chasing waterfalls

Unknown POV

Her teal eyes angered me, her slight hourglass figure shone through her dress disgusted me as she captured the eyes of every guy in the room, like they were instantly drawn to her, like a female in a pack of male wolves, wanting to claim her as theirs.

"Hey I will be right back" Hudson said, focusing all the attention on the girl from across the room, her brown hair long, covering her face, but her beauty was unique and radiated from her, enough that everyone could recognise her even if they just noticed her from a distance. The one I wanted to be with slowly walked away from me, like I was just some broken toy no one wanted to play with and strided to the girl that hooked his curiosity, wanting to know more about her. And I hate that, everything about her was unsettling, the girl that was just introduced had already begun to ruin my plans, pulling out the pieces of the puzzle one at a time, the puzzle I took a long time to construct.

I fumed in rage, face turning red from anger that you could possibly see smoke coming out of my ears if you looked close enough as I imagine something I dreaded most, picturing the idea of her potentially stealing the love of my life, the guy I tried so hard to capture the attention of, for him to even notice me. And yet, she did that without even trying, his subtle smiles and sneaky glimpses at her slowly increased and it became more obvious, he took interest in her, the person that was going to be my next enemy....

Riley's POV

Shaking my head, wanting to forget what just happened, I walked towards the door.

"Riley, Riley, wait." Hudson said from behind, his deep voice echoing throughout the entire room as he struggled to catch up with me. I waited for him, my body waited for him, wanting to get close to him again, wanting his woody pine cologne to surround me, capturing my full attention and losing the sense of reality.

"Who was that," Hudson questioned, now only a few feet away from me.

"Nobody....He's a nobody," referring to the guy that sat near the window with eyes that glowed in the moonlight and hair that effortlessly flowed in the wind, the stranger that my heart longed for, a mysterious figure that caught my eye.

"Hey, would you like me to walk you back to your dorm room"

"Yeah sure.." as I looked up at the sky, which was now pitch black, with no stars in sight. I looked back once again, just to make sure if Jaden and the others were about to leave, so I was able to walk back with them, hoping that I didn't have to stroll with some guy I didn't know, although my emotional and psychologically state of mind were now attracted to him, like he was the kind of love I dreamt of, the one that belonged in a fairytale.

As we walked through the university, side by side, awkwardly staring at anything else but each other, hopefully not making eye contact, I slowly stared down at my hands, detailedly studying them, suddenly finding them fascinating as the environment slowly became bland, the surroundings just filled with buildings and trees.

"Hey." followed by a burst of laughter, realising that we both started speaking at the same time, both desperately wanting to break the silence that hung in the air above us.

"What's your major?" Hudson began, wanting to start a potentially insightful conversation.

"Art, yours?" I answered.

"Music. Where are you from and what high school did you go to?" Hudson continued, trying to keep the conversation interesting, even if it was just a little bit longer.

"I went to a small public school in the state of Miami where there were only around 800 students. What about you?" I questioned, slowly letting my guard down, subtly, wanting no room for error.

"My school was a little bit bigger, with a large football field and a handful of basketball courts where I used to spend most of my time in." he asked, rather quietly.

"Do you still do those activities in your free time", my head now filled with questions, wondering why he was pursuing music and a future career instead of doing something that he used to prioritise a lot of his time doing, sports.

"Not anymore," He whispered, wanting to not discuss this topic any further. Although I was overflowing with more questions, the voices in my head silent, now replaced with curiosity, I decided to not push it any further, not wanting the atmosphere to be uncomfortable, not wanting to destroy our potential relationship.

As we walked, we continued to get to know each other, asking basic level questions, not wanting to intimidate each other with personal ones, not wanting to scare one another off. As we continued to chat, I found out parts I wouldn't have depicted from him at first glance. His favourite colour was blue, the blue that covered the sky most of the day, one of his favourite foods was ice cream as it was something that he could only eat rarely, as he wanted to maintain his lean body and his birthday was July 2nd, describing a personality that was assertive and strong. I followed his answers with mine, my favourite colour being green, as it reminded me of the forest that was my backyard and the wildlife that helped keep me sane, my favourite food being almonds as it was something I could indulge in without gaining weight and my birthday being May 15, a date that symbolised one with a gentle and modest nature, a team player.

Suddenly he stopped short, nearly causing me to trip on my feet, regaining my balance as I wondered why he halted, staring at someone or something from a distance.

"Hey, what are you looking at?" I questioned.

"Look over there."

After a while of looking, I finally realised what he noticed from afar. The fountain was now decorated with gold and silver light that changed every few seconds, the structure was now pure white, like it was glowing in the dark, portraying its purity and innocence and the water looked effortlessly, lightly brushing against the sides of each layer as it flowed downwards, like a calm waterfall that led into a stream.

Memories flooded back to me as I remember that that place was the first time I met him, the guy that caught my eyes.

...

I hope you like this insightful chapter.

Edited by: S.C

Love Scarlett Jade :)