11.

The next day ...

I got dressed up and out the door for school on my usual routine. Something about today just felt odd, I had no clue as to why but it did. Something just worried the fuck out of me. What exactly did he write on that pad of his? Was it something about me? Just the mere thought of not knowing what was on the paper made my mind space out and wander.
SNAP! SNAP!
SNAP! SNAP!
"EARTH TO ISAIAH!"
I opened my eyes to see my Bestfriend's hands in a snapping motion. I really spaced out.
"You okay?" He asked genuinely worried.
"Yes, I'm fine. Just had that appointment the other day."
"Yeah, you were telling me about that. How'd that go?"
"Strikingly odd. He just kept asking questions and writing things in his pad. Sometimes without even so much as a glance."
"Wow, might be something useful."
I scrunched my face and stared at my Bestfriend,
"Yea you might be right. But I don't know, I'm just so use to things never going my way. This too will fall right thru."
Devonte put his hand on my shoulder & slowly patted my back.
"It's gonna get better, I promise you bestfriend. Before it gets worse."
I looked down at my broken almost torn apart Air Force Ones and thought to myself what could get any worse than this?
We made our way to the cafeteria for breakfast.
Like we always do, I had to give it to Devonte. He was the most stabile thing in my life at this moment.

LATER ON THAT SCHOOL DAY.

The bell had literally just rung for my 3rd class of the day. Students were still gathering in their seats, when the telephone rang.
"Mrs. Spinella's Class." My teacher sang out amongst all the commotion the students in her background were causing.
She suddenly looked at me.
"Yes, he sure is."
She motions for me to get up.
Lord where am I going now?
"I'll send him down right now. Your welcome." She said as she laid the phone back on it's receiver.
"Mrs. Winstead wants to see you in her office."
I almost felt my heart sink to my feet. What does she want to talk to me about?
"I don't know darling, from the sounds of it, it seemed rather important."
Oh man, I needed to get myself together.
I took the hall pass and headed to the GUIDANCE COUNSELORS OFFICE.
The closer I got to her door the more my anxiety took over my body.
But she needed to see me and my mind needed to know why.
I knocked on her door and waited for her response.
"Isaiah, come in baby."
"Hey Mrs. Winstead."
"How are you?" She asked with a pretty smile on her face.
"I'm good, how about you?"
"I can't complain." She said shrugging her shoulders.
"That's good." I said, wishing she'd get to point as to why I'm in here.
"So about your investigation appointment yesterday..."

Oh boy..