Chapter 3 - Through the Eyes of the Son

**

ADONIS

Football training was finally over. And when I say finally, I don't mean it as if I didn't like it, I love football, but today, I couldn't focus properly. Everything had been messing with my head for ages and I didn't know how to handle it.

Everyone thought that because I was 14, it meant that I wasn't that smart and couldn't understand all this grown up stuff, but I knew more than they thought. Mum always wanted to keep me out of problems between her and Dad, but it was becoming more and more obvious by the minute.

Renee and I were stopping to finish off this ice cream we had bought. It was fun getting to hang out with her when it was just us. Even though we would argue sometimes and totally ignore each other at school, she was still the coolest big sister ever.

She thinks she's lame and all that, but she's cool. She could both be smart and have time to have fun, which I've tried but have had trouble with. All the teachers think I'm dumb, which is kind of embarrassing, especially if they call on me for a question they know I don't know.

You'd think being the child of Paul McCartney would be easy. I'm supposed to be the rich spoiled brat who has a famous dad, so I wasn't allowed to complain. All the girls think I'm cute and the teachers that don't hate me would kiss my butt all day because they thought my dad was cute. While that's all lovely or whatever, it doesn't mean I have everything easy.

I have parents that are unhappy and they don't do much to not make it obvious. Dad is always out doing something and coming home drunk while Mum's trying not to die from the stress. Maybe I'm too young to understand this, but I think I know at least a little bit. You don't have to be a genius to know when your mother is sad, especially if you were close to her like I was.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad. He's always joking around with me and makes things fun, but sometimes I don't like how he treats Mum. There are things I know that I wish I didn't and am to scared to even admit I know. Some of the things he does is wrong, and if he weren't my dad, I'd probably kick his ass for it.

"Are you okay, Donbon?" Renee asked.

I looked up, being pulled out of my train of thought. "Yeah, uh, I'm fine. Just don't call me that in public, you never know if my friends are around or not."

That was the other thing about being the son of a famous guy. My dad was a rock n roller, he played in a band and all the chicks loved him, so I was expected to be the coolest kid around. I was supposed to fit into the stereotypes and expectations that had been built up for me ever since I was born.

Sometimes the pressure gets to me, but I try not letting it do so. Looking good is the easy part, I'm handsome like my father and charming like my mother. It's kind of cocky to say so, and I don't mean to come across as such, but I was lucky to look how I look. I was the school dreamboat, even if sometimes I hated that. Maybe it'd be easier to not look like me, then I could live more under the radar.

The hardest bit was the musical background that the McCartney name carried. Because of this, I learned to play piano from a young age and and had recently been picking up guitar. My main instrument was drums though, probably from always hanging out with Uncle Ringo. Luckily for me, I could always sing, I'd been performing at the school talent shows since my first year of school. Of course, I had been getting coached more recently because I wanna make sure I sounded as good as I could.

I want to be like my Dad, but at the same time, I don't. While he may be a good person most of the time, he's definitely been a terrible guy to Mum. Sometimes I'll see her crying after something Dad did and I'll hug her even if she tries to tell me she'll be okay and I can go.