Part sixteen: Hospital.

Matthew's P.O.V
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at Wolfgang in disbelief. But, then all disbelief was replaced with sadness as I remembered what happened. I was shot. By Allen.

"Wh... I couldn't have died..." I looked at him.

He nodded. "No... You're not dead yet. But you're dying. Look at your hands."

I blinked, looking down at my hands. They were transparent.

"So... I'm dying..." I frowned

"Yes... I'm sorry..."

I nodded slowly. "Your brother was sad when you died..."

"I know. I saw..." He frowned.

I felt slightly awkward, so I sat up and got off him, looking at his much clearer body.

"Matthew, let me just say this." He placed a hand on my shoulder, making me look up into his cold stare.

"If you do die, know that you were loved. You were noticed. And you were cared for. Okay?"

I nodded slowly. "Thank you, Wolfgang. It really does mean a lot to-"

I was interrupted as he pulled his hand back, smiling. I suddenly felt a weight on my body, as if I was being pulled closer to the ground by an invisible force.

"Seems as though you won't die, Matthew." He muttered, looking at me up and down. I began panicking, as I felt myself falling. No, sinking into the ground.

"Goodbye for now, Matthew." Was the last thing I heard as I saw a flash of red, all the pain I had experienced previously returning to shake my body, as I fell into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beep. Beep. Beep."

That noise. That noise was ringing in my ears. A continuing loop playing over, and over. I didn't know where I was. Or what happened to Wolfgang. After a few munutes of agonizing pain in my chest I decided to open my eyes. It was bright in the room I was in, but it was managable to see. White. A white ceiling, a white bed, and white walls. I realized I was in a hospital. Looking around, I winced. My chest was still burning, along with my head and arms. I was attatched up to multiple machines, including the beeping heart monitor. Unable to stand the beeps, I ripped it from my arm, making the line go flat. Swinging my legs over the bed, I stepped onto the cold floor. I was wearing a hospital gown, and a very thin one at that. Just as I began limping to the door, a doctor and two nurses ran in, the doctor sighing in relief.

A male nurse grabbed my arm, and began pulling me back to my bed. I snarled and pulled away from him, glaring.

"Sir, you have to rest!" He grabbed my arm again, this time sucessfully dragging me to the bed. I didn't want to get into a fight as he put me back on the bed. My glasses were gone, so I could bearly see what the nurses and doctors looked like. But I could tell by their clothes that they worked here. After a while of scribbling on clipboards and quiet whispers, I felt something being stuck into my arm. I tried pulling away, but the nurses held me in place. I glared at the doctor, as he strapped two needles in place, the heart monitor beginning to beep again. I looked at the second needle, which was running up along a long tube, sent into a bag full of a clear liquid. I growled.

"What's this, where am I and who took me here...?" I looked at a nurse angrily.

He sighed. "Pain releif. Melbrooke hospital. And..." He flipped through a book. "... Oliver Kirkland, Nikolai Volkov and Matt Williams."

I smiled slightly. "Can I see them?"

He shook his head. "I'm sorry, sir. But no. Visiting hours are over, and your condition at the moment is unstable."

I nodded in understanding, too tired and sore to argue. "… How long have I been here?"

He frowned, looking at the doctor who was still writing on his clipboard. Without looking up, he replied.

"About two weeks."

My eyes widened. "Two weeks?! But, it felt like only a few minutes with Wolfgang!" I thought to myself.

"You were pronounced legally dead for nine minutes. I'm required to inform you." The second nurse told me, as the doctor and the first nurse left the room.

"Whoa..." I sunk back.

The nurse nodded, leaving.

I knew it was going to be a long night as I closed my eyes, eventually falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leave a comment about the chapter and tell me what you think!

~Marbles