Chapter three: Break up or makeup?

She sighed as she fell down onto her bed. Why can't she stop thinking about him? His smile that could make your whole day better. His silver eyes that hold so many memories and emotions. NO! Stop Hermione! Your dating Ron for Merlin's sake! She scolded herself, but then Draco's words came back to her, 'If your heart's not in it, then get out.' Maybe she should break up with Ron, she thought as she fell asleep.

----------

"Hermione! We're going to miss breakfast!" Ginny yelled as she got dressed. "We overslept!"

She quickly jumped out of bed, got dressed, and grabbed all her books in record time. "What do you have first class?" she asked as they walked down to the dinning hall.

"Potions, what about you?"

"Transfiguration."

"Hey, Hermione, what happened last night? With you and Ron I mean." Ginny asked cautiously.

"Oh, yeah, that," she sighed, and explained it all to her, ending with how Draco just let her cry it all out, and his advice. "Oh Ginny, are you going to hate me if I break up with Ron?" she asked, starting to tear up a little, before forcing them back.

"Oh no Hermione! What he did to you in the train compartment was awful! I will always be your best friend, whether your dating my brother or not!" she cried and gave Hermione a tight hug, not realizing that Ron was behind them.

----------

He sat there, waiting for Hermione to walk through those doors and sit down to eat breakfast. "Hey Malfoy, are you okay? You look anxious." Blaise asked his best friend.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine-" he stopped abruptly as Hermione walked through the doors and sat down with Ginny, his gaze on her the whole time.

"Ohhh, I see what it is now." Blaise chuckled as he followed Draco's gaze.

"Shut up Blaise. You better now tell anyone, we're finally friends! I don't want to mess it up this time!" he sighed.

"Don't worry Draco, you know I'd never judge you or tell anyone." Blaise assured him.

"Thank you Blaise." he gave him a smile in return.

----------

"Hey, Hermione, are you okay? It's okay if you don't want to tell me yet though." Harry added quickly after Ginny shot him a look. Picking up his glass to take a drink of orange juice.

"I'm fine Harry, thanks for asking, Ginny can tell you later if she wants though. Sorry, but I'm not feeling very hungary, I think I'm just going to go to class. I'll see you later. Tell Ron I said hi." she said as she grabbed a piece of toast and started to walk to the door.

"Bye Hermione!" Harry and Ginny called at the same time.

She looked at Draco quickly as she walked out, she gave him the 'follow me' look. Hopefully he would.

---------

As soon as she gave him that look, he knew she wanted to talk to him, so he quickly excused himself from the table and slipping away, but not before Blaise gave him a thumbs up. She was waiting for him by the library doors. "Hey, you okay?" he asked, placing a hand on her arm, before quickly taking it back, not wanting to push her.

"Yeah, I think so at least. And I thought about what you said last night. And you right, my heart isn't in it. I'm going to break up with Ron. After everything that he did, I just don't really feel safe with him." she sighed, leaning into him and hugging him.

He put his arms around her, rubbing her back, and rested his chin on her head, "Okay, that's your choice. If you want my help at all if you don't feel safe with him, then just tell me, I'll be there with you for the breakup if you need me to." he sighed, he felt bad that she didn't even feel safe with her boyfriend. He would never make her feel like that. He would cherish her and make her feel like the safest person in the world. What was he thinking, he's getting a head of himself.

"Thank you Draco, and if it's okay with you, can you be there with me when I do it?" she murmured into his chest, making him shiver just the slightest, but enough for her to notice, and smile about it.

"Of course Hermione. I'll be there, just tell me when and where. I promise." he smiled at the promise.

She pulled back for the hug a little so she could see his face, "What do you have first class? I have transfiguration."

"Me too, wanna walk there together?" he asked, a bit of hopefulness in his voice.

"I'd love to, I just need to get my books." she said as they started to walk to the Gryffindor common rooms so she could get her books. "Okay, ready! Lets go." she said happily walking with Draco to class.

----------

She smiled happily to herself as she walked with Draco to class. They walked silently, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence like when her and Ron wee quiet together,but it felt nice, knowing they don't always have to talk to make it feel comfortable.

They walked into class and sat into desks right next to each other. They were whispering and talking all class. They got yelled at because Draco kept making her laugh.

Class flew by, and soon enough, they were walking to lunch, talking and laughing the whole way. Until Ron walked out in front of them, stopped Hermione, "What are you doing with this FERRET?" he yelled at her and then slapped her.

Draco quickly stepped in front of Hermione and punched Ron right in his nose, probably breaking it, "You NEVER ever hit a girl!" he yelled at Ron.

"Shut up ferret! Hermione, you better answer me!" he yelled, getting even more mad. They were starting to draw a crowd.

Still behind Draco, while trying to fight the tears that were streaming down her now pink cheek, "What does it look like Ron? I'm walking to lunch with my friend!"

"Oh really, your 'friend'? Looks like you two are being pretty 'friendly' to me!" he yelled before storming away.

With that, Hermione just fell into Draco's  arms as soon as he turned around. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, rubbing her back while whispering, "It's going to be okay. Shhh." All while she just sobbed in his arms. She hated feeling so vulnerable, but somehow she knew that Draco wouldn't judge her. She smiled to herself at the thought of being in his arms, just under other circumstances. It seems like every time she's in his arms, she's crying. Ugh, why can't I just get a normal hug, one when I'm not crying. 

"Hermione!" Ginny and Harry yelled as they  ran towards her, she lifted her head from Draco's chest, then ran towards Ginny and just sobbed in her arms. "Oh Hermione, I'm so sorry! I never thought he would ever do anything like this! He's never hit a girl in his life, and he barely ever hit Fred or George! I'm so sorry Hermione!" Ginny sobbed into Hermione.

"Oh Ginny, it's not your fault! It's not like you knew he was going to do that!" Hermione sobbed back. "I'm just glad I had Draco with me, or things could have gotten worse."

----------

"What happened?" Harry asked Draco as they quietly watched the two girls cry with each other.

"Well, we were walking down to go to lunch after potions, and I told her a joke so she started laughing. Then Ron just jumped out of nowhere and blew up at Hermione  for talking and laughing with me. He kept screaming at her and made it seem like she was cheating on him for talking to me. And then he slapped her across the face, but before he could do it again, I stepped in front of her and punched him in the nose." he explained, all while keeping an eye on Hermione, his heart broke every time she cried. 

"Good, thank you Malfoy.  I don't know what came over him, I've never seen him like that before." Harry told him, shaking his head slightly, "Ron isn't the type to hit anyone without a good reason, let alone his girlfriend, although I doubt it's going to be like that for long after what he did. I'd be surprised if Hermione ever talked to him again."

"Yeah, well, that girl is full of suprises." Draco smiled s they all walked to the dining hall for lunch.