chapter 22

All week, I have been chasing Edward everywhere he goes. I like spending time with him it's true, but I hope I'm not driving him crazy. I'm just protecting him. Madison and Ashley have been helping me out a lot. I've also got to know Ashley better. She's actually really nice. We're like the three musketeers! I've felt very bad about what I did to that human. I didn't know he was a human! Whenever I'm around a human, I feel the urge to drink his blood. I can't control it. Maybe I should run away......

It was Sunday evening and all six of us had gone bowling. We had a blast! We girls won the guys 5 to 2. Girls rule! After me and Edward went for a walk and left the others to play bowling. We sat under a tree. Just thinking there, I was nervous about tomorrow. What if Edward turned into a vampire like me? Or Ashley. Would she be turned into a vampire? What would Randy and Peter do? Would they kick me out for good? I had so many questions with no answers. Edward lost my train of thought. "You know Violet; there was something I always wanted to tell you. But I'm kinda shy to say." he said.

What??? "I really like you. More than a friend. I know I'm making things fast but I want you to know that I have feelings for you." Edward said. I couldn't speak. I was stunned of speechness. "That's why I wanted you to come here with me. I told Ronnie I liked her here too." he said. I got up and started shaking my head. Edward got up and grabbed my shoulders, facing me. I shaked him off and didnt face him. I started to cry. I was happy about him liking me, but I didn't want him to like me because I didn't want to hurt him.

"What's the matter?" He asked. "I'm sorry. I just can't. I don't feel the same way." I said and ran off. I had to do it. My heart was breaking into a million pieces, and I knew Edward's was too. But I had done the right thing.

The next day, Edward and I hardly talked. Madison and Ashley were worried something happened. I told them and said I did the right thing. Today was the day of the musical and I was nervous. I was very nervous about Ashley......