party

Steve and I have always had a tension between us. It wasn't bad tension, but we never addressed it until he got drunk one night. I remember it like it was yesterday Steve, and I were in his car at a park. It was a little after 2 am, the windows were fogged up by us talking.

After all it was a cold December morning, Steve was drunk off his ass. He was rambling about Chase, he brought up a certain subject about Chase always looking at me, how it makes him angry when he sees Chase staring at me.

Steve was as popular as ever if not even more, yeah sure he could be a dick sometimes but he never was one with me. Steve loves going to parties, I would wanna Stay home to just look at art pieces.

I always went to parties with Steve because one of us had to be the sober one, but Steve was always super affectionate when he was drunk so I didn’t mind. Steve has been cutting me off every time I mentioned about us going to an art gallery that was in town.

So here I was at Steve’s front door with two tickets to the art gallery, I brought my hand up to his door knocking on it, he swung the door open. I saw teenagers from our school, my smile went into a small frown.

“Uh hey babe what are you doing here?”

I looked at him shrugging.

“Uh you told me to come by after my shift at the bookstore remember?”

He smiled at me, opened the door wider, letting me in. The smell of alcohol filled my nose, I eternally curled into a ball. Steve wasn’t bad when he was drunk around me, but as soon as Steve got around his friends the king Steve was in full affect.

I was greeted by a few people, but not many even if I was I wouldn’t think I was hot shit like most the girls did. Being popular never mattered to me, and it never will.

They were all doing their own thing though alcohol flowed through their veins, I knew that. I turned to look at Steve.

“Can I talk to you outside please?”

He nodded, let me lead the way outside. After he shut the door he decided to speak first.

“What’s up Y/N?”

I looked at him then I grabbed my bag looking through it.

“So you know how I was talking about that art gallery that was in town?”

He looked at me nodding when I looked up at him.

“Okay well I got us tickets, I was hoping you’d actually go with me.”

His facial expression made my stomach drop, he didn’t didn’t even look interested at all.

“Y/N you know how-.”

I quickly cut him off. “Steve come one I do a lot of stuff for you, even stuff I don’t want to do.”

“Then why do you do it?”

He snapped at me, I tried to remind myself that he was probably drunk, like I said before when Steve was drunk around people he was the biggest asshole.