Ivory Fangs (Ch. 4)

Sorry it took so long, Ive been busy with stuff and my editor has been busy. I have to give her a shout out. @Pineapple2141 thax for all your help and you rule!

This chapter is for every one who got Ivory Fangs to 1,000 reads. Enjoy the last of 2010 Happy NYE!

Also if you have any ideas, coment, concerns, etc shout at me @ rikahs19@gmail.com...

Peace oh and dearest fans...dnt forget to vote, comment, fan, enjoy and most importantly, spread the word! Love yu guyz... Happy Reading

^_^

Vlad walked into his Trigonometry classroom and gaped. Sitting on the desk was the very beautiful, and very bitchy, Kayla Storm. She was wearing a mini dress that she shouldn’t have worn around grown men, let alone to school. The rest of the room seemed to be in as much shock as he was. His usual classmates were in the room, but instead of Madame Demor’e, a short plump Middle Eastern man sat in the far corner of the room holding a clipboard.

“Young man, what’s your name?” the Arab asked.

That seemed to snap Vlad from his stupor. “I'm Vlad Jordan.

The man wrote his name down on a list and scrawled some notes under it. Vlad pushed forward with ­­­­the conversation. “Who are you and where is Madam D?”

The man’s face said, ‘shut up and mind your own damn business.’ “That, Young man is none of your business.” He seemed to slur something in between ‘your’ and ‘business’ as if to curse under his breath.

“Just curious,” Vlad said, going to the nearest unoccupied chair.

Once the bell signaling the end of class rung, Madam Demor’e came rushing into the classroom.

“Diana, it appears you missed the standard teacher evaluation grading. What a pity,” the Arab tisked in mock pity.

“It sucks to be you, Madam D!” said a girl’s voice at the back of the room.

Vlad rushed out the room when the angry teacher began shouting something frantically in French, which sounded like a cross between pleading and cursing.

In the hallway Vlad bumped into Xia, who was wearing a green shirt with an anime turtle along with some jeans. She was reading a brown leather bound journal. “Watch where you’re—Vlad, hi um…sorry. Where are you going?”

“Trig,” he said in a one worded sentence. Then, more curiously, he asked “Whatcha reading?”

Xia tried to reply, but was yanked away by Sage, who apparently desperately needed to talk about ‘Kim’s new designer wardrobe’ and roughly how bitchy her sister was. Xia looked apologetically at Vlad and emphatically waved her arms around in her conversation.

When Vlad turned around he was surrounded on all sides by cute girls or buff guys. He pushed through the crowd and struggled to his trig class where he painstakingly attempted to memorize the unit circle.

At lunch Vlad grabbed a burrito from beneath the florescent heating lights on the self-serve counter after checking in with Rachel. He still wasn’t sure what exactly what her purpose was at the rostrum with the register, all she did was ask, ‘How ya doing Hun?’ and she commented frequently that ‘Lunch today’s gonna be great.’ 

He sat in his usual seat beside Xia. “Hey crew, what we talking ‘bout?” Vlad asked, biting into his chicken burrito. He glanced around the table   his friends were all looking tight lipped at Kate. Kate’s eyes were large and glassy, her burrito was untouched and her hands held a Seattle Times newspaper shakily. The headline read “Teen found in the Onyx woods dead.”