Chapter 3: Boundless Brutalities

(Hey guys! Thank you so much for 300+ reads! I know I said I would get this up soon, I did not expect this chapter to take a whole month to write, it's on the longer side. But today was my last day of school for the year, which hopefully means more time to write! But just to keep you posted, if you are following me, I post updates weekly in my Conversations, so make sure to check that out! Now, enough from me...enjoy the chapter!)

"So they came?" Bowser asked.

"Yeah, all four of them," Lemmy replied. "We fought, and then I fell out of my ship, and I think I passed out or something, but I woke up on the top of my castle to the sound of my ship exploding. I think they're headed for Layer Cake Desert now."

A new voice sounded through everyone's wands. "That's no problem for Morton! I'll crush 'em, Lemmy!"

"You heard him, Lemmy. Morton's a lot stronger than you. He has a better chance than you did," said Bowser. A faint giggle from Peach was audible in the background. She spoke into his wand.

"Don't be so harsh, Bowser! You gave it your best, Lemmy. Maybe someday you'll grow and become even stronger!"

Lemmy smiled. "Thanks, Princess."

Bowser sighed. "When you feel stable enough, start your journey back to Peach's castle."

"I have to WALK?!"

"I didn't think your ship would get destroyed. I guess it'll be a good way to get some exercise. Now leave us alone unless you need something." Bowser's voice disappeared.

"Ughhhhhh."

Another voice crackled through everyone's wands. "Good try, Lem. Come stop by my castle in Soda Jungle when ya get there. I'm sure I'll still be intact! Heehee!"

Lemmy giggled at his brother. "See you there, Stringbean!"

He and Iggy had always been close, especially when they were younger. They were seldom seen apart from one another and always worked together to play pranks on their other siblings. They told each other everything; thoughts, feelings, plans, etcetera. The two are still almost inseparable to this day, and still, not a secret remains unspoken between them, except for one personal secret of Iggy's. Unsure how Lemmy would react to Iggy's romantic feelings towards his oldest brother, he kept this to himself. It hadn't been very long since Iggy had developed feelings for Ludwig, but they were there, and they were certainly strong. He'd always looked up to Ludwig, his ingenious, smart, musically gifted older brother. It was only recently that Iggy had started seeing him differently. The two had been spending more time together, and Iggy had really started caring for Ludwig. Sure, Ludwig was very calm and serious, and preferred to be by himself, but somehow, opposites managed to attract, and crazy prankster psycho Iggy managed to make some room in Ludwig's heart. However, Iggy had noticed that Ludwig took more of a liking to Iggy's other side, his solemn, calmer, serious side (which made sense). It seldom prevailed, as Iggy struggles to manage his bipolar disorder, and Iggy often worried that Ludwig only cared for that side. With everything in mind, Iggy kept his feelings a secret.

All four of Peach's friends soon stepped into the sandy terrain of Layer Cake Desert, and all the Koopalings watched as their wand screens became gray once more to signify Morton's airship was on target.

About an hour or so later, the doors to Morton's compactor castle swung open. Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Toadette had all somehow navigated their way through the unforgiving Layer Cake Desert. The four were parched and sticky with sweat, but determined to save Peach. Their determination helped support them through a perilous journey through crushing bricks and red-hot lava, until they finally reached the set of doors leading to the castle's peak. They nimbly climbed the steep staircase and jumped into the launch pipe, and were, once again, sent careening through the sky towards Morton's airship.