Chapter 13

The only thing that filled his dreams was Nightmare.  Nightmare, sitting and laughing as he suffered.  Nightmare had been the one to make Ink think he'd be forgotten and he wanted to make it worse for Ink to weaken the Star Sanses.  Error had just given orange, fear, to Life and returned to his antivoid when Nightmare grabbed him and brought him to many of the empty rooms in the basement of the mansion.  It had gotten worse and worse from there...

Error woke with a small start.  Looking around, first, he saw the hospital room he was in.  Then, he saw Ink, sleeping in a chair next to the bed while holding Error's hand.  Ink didn't move and neither did Error, not wanting to disturb the small sleeping skeleton.  How long had he been here?  Despite being asleep, Ink looked tired and scared.  Gently, Error squeezed Ink's hand.  He immediately sat up and took in Error before hugging him, a bit too tightly.

When he spoke, his voice was quiet and hurt to use, "In-Ink... too... tigh-ght..."

Error was immediately released, Ink not meaning to hurt him, "I'm sorry... I just really missed you..."

Error held Ink's hands, "It's alright... how long...?"

"Since I brought you here... which was... maybe a month ago..."

"Go ho-ome..."

"But, you-"

"I'll-ll be fine... y-y-you need to-to go an-and get prop-rop-roper rest..."

Ink nodded, gently hugged him one last time, and left, saying he'd be back tomorrow.  Error watched him go, happy that he was finally safe from Nightmare.

  Error watched him go, happy that he was finally safe from Nightmare