Bloodlust [1/?] » K. Sugawara

"Reality is a prison."
—Anonymous

~~~~~

Not many people knew of the existence of the Vampires. Most of the human population are unaware of their existence until they are attacked by one.

Vampires are not weak to the sun like normal people would know. They do not burn under the sun. Unfortunately, they could hide their animal-like personalities when the sun is still present and high up in the air. When the sun sets and the moon rises, that's where their stage opens.

If Vampires are the only ones that exist, Humanity had already ceased to exist.

Among the inevitable foods Vampires chose to prey from, there are chosen humans, "Hunters" as they are referred. These Hunters are the only ones who could stand a chance against the Vampires and their overwhelming strength. It is still their choice if they want to hunt down Vampires that threaten the very existence of humans.

Ever since the beginning of time to the present era, Vampires and Hunters are still at war with no signs of ending.

"Are you going to join any club?" asked Kaguya. She was already used to his rather inquisitive persona. He spotted her holding an application form.

His eyes sparkled at the sight of the Boys' Volleyball Club at the top of the paper.

"You're going for a manager?"

"Isn't it obvious?" she spat, certainly done with the boy she calls her best friend. It's morning and he's already annoying the hell out of her.

He patted her back with a suggestive smile present on his annoying face. "Good luck with whoever you signed up for! I'm rooting for you."

"Ha..."

(L/N) (Y/N). Member of the Hunters Organization. As perks of being a successor to the head of the Organization, she can do anything she wants. With that opportunity in her hands, she chose to be a freelance Hunter: meaning, she can hunt whoever and whenever she wants to, unless some emergency cases popped up.

As much as she wanted to have a low profile in the world of Vampires, she was known within the Vampire society as the "Scythe-Wielder" because of the difficulty in handling such a complicated weapon. She was a genius. A deadly and skillful Hunter within the Organization. A young girl that hunt down countless of Vampires. She even managed to single-handedly slain a noble Vampire.

Yes, she is somehow a celebrity and she is so damn aware of it. She's sick of the spotlight and the unnecessary numbers of the vampires going after her during her duty. That was one of reason why she decided to not accept orders from the Organization.

The other, she has an entirely different ideal than her father. She wanted for the Humans and Vampires coexist. Just because the humans are not on top of the food chain, they struggle.

"(L/N)-chan, you came," The third-year manager came out of her way and greeted her. She smiled, "Shimizu-senpai. I guess you know why I'm here."

"I hope you don't mind."

The two shared familiar smiles. After all, the two are members of the Organization.

Once you join the Organization, your real names must never be mentioned within and your aliases are not to be carelessly said outside.

"Of course not! I'm more than happy to assist Hitoka-chan in her managerial duties!"

Yachi had joined the conversation, "T-thank you very much, senpai!"

Five Vampires. She mentally noted.

Daichi walked over and oriented her.

Ara, the Captain is a Vampire. She offered him a sincere smile, "Please take care of me."