Bloodlust [3/?] » K. Sugawara

"Suga-san! Are you going to toss for us?"

Suga shook his head. "Nope. I'm going to spike."

She chirped in, "Let me toss for you guys."

* * *

"Vampires are all the same, (Y/N)!"

"It doesn't mean you need to kill all of them! Oka-san would be very disappointed of you!"

A slap resounded throughout the lone office. Her hands automatically touched her stinging cheek. A glare was directed at her father.

With strong conviction, she spoke, "I will refuse every order from the Organization from now on. I won't become a puppet to you and your vague ideals."

"No, you're not leaving," his deep voice brought her a wave of fear.

She remained steadfast and brave in her father's presence. "Oh, yes I am." She slammed the door shut.

Her eyes fluttered open at the sound of the rooftop door closing and opening. She glanced to see Suga wore a surprised expression before reverting back to his angelic smile. Somehow, in her eyes, he shone under the rays of the sun. His smile almost blinded her and, for a moment, he looked like an angel that descended from the sky.

She smiled at the irony.

She greeted and questioned, "What are you doing here, Sugawara-senpai?"

Suga bashfully averted his eyes from her, cheeks fuming red. He spoke, "Just taking a breather."

He took the spot beside her by the rails. He asked, "Are you usually here?"

She closed her eyes, feeling the slightly cold breeze of summer. "Yeah."

"I see."

Suga studied her relaxed figure. He was surprised she let her guard down around him. It's not like she has a reason to kill him right then and there. But, killing him will solve the conflict, right? There would be no successors to the title if Suga were to die now.

"What are you thinking?"

Suga flinched at the realization of his silence. Her stare has an intensity in them bit it was soft and laced with worry.

He offered her a comforting smile. "It's nothing."

Her eyebrow was perked up, definitely not convinced with Suga's lie. She chose not to meddle in his worries.

"Say, senpai."

"Didn't I tell you that Suga is fine?"

"Then, Suga-san." She paused, reflecting on the feeling of his nickname rolling on her tongue. It was a pleasant feeling. She couldn't have it any other way. "What do you plan to do after high school?"

Suga pondered for a while. "I want to pursue education."

A giggle made his attention stick to her.

"That's you alright."

Suga pouted. He asked, "How about you?"

She leaned onto her palm as she looked at the sky. "I wonder."

* * *

"Say, (Y/N)." Kaguya loitered around the reading girl. He sat on the stool in front of her.

"What?" she spat. She hated being disturbed when she was studying. She wanted to focus on the upcoming pop quiz in the next period.