Ch. 14

After the whole tattoo debacle, I grilled Laura. Was she sure she didn't know what it was? Did it have something to do with what happened at the beach? I thought it was a dream, could it have been real? After promising me she would help me figure it out tomorrow, she went off to bed and left me alone with my thoughts. After another night of tossing and turning, I fell into a deep sleep.

Where was I? The sun was shining almost too brightly. I heard laughter and looked off to my side. It was that man again, the one from my dream last night, only this time he was happy. Smiling and laughing as he chased a girl around in the sand. He eventually caught her and tossed her into the ocean. She was laughing, she ran over to him and kissed him. It looked like the kind of kiss one felt throughout their entire body. I felt like I was intruding, again. I couldn't help myself, I walked over to them so I could hear what they were talking about.

"It's not that simple." The girl said

"It doesn't have to be this hard either." You could tell the man was frustrated.

"You know what our parents would say." She sighed but fell into his side

"We are adults, we can make our own decisions. Plus you know we don't have a choice." His hand grazed the back of her neck, she visibly shuddered under his touch.

"Catch me if you can!" The girl screamed and darted off into the ocean again.

"Hey! That's not fair!" he said as he laughed, "This conversation is not over!"

"Says you!" She kicked water after him. He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder.

Something caught my eye, at first I thought the shimmer was from a necklace. Something told me I had to get closer and look, as the man was walking around with the girl thrown over his shoulder it was easy enough to see. She had the same marking on her neck, the same one that I did. What did this mean? I was about to reach up and touch it...

I woke up sweating and disoriented, it took me a second to realize I was back in my room and it must have been a dream. It felt so real... I could feel the sun, and taste the salt in the air. It was like a distant memory I couldn't quite place. I kicked my comforter off of me and looked over at the time. 7:45 am. I was impatient and I wanted to get to the dining hall to see Parker. I let myself into Laura's room, it was green and earthly with white and brown tones it fit her personality perfectly. She was drooling and snoring, I giggled.

"LAURA." I yelled.

"Wassgoingon??" she shot up in bed, "Wasshappening?"

I cracked up, "Nothing, I'm just hungry."

She groaned and flopped down on the bed.

"Come on, please get up, I'm supposed to be meeting Sab... Parker" I corrected myself, "I'm supposed to be meeting Parker."

She peeked her head out from underneath her covers. "You do plan on saying the right name right?"

I hit her with her pillow, she cracked up.

"Okay, okay. I'm getting up, I wouldn't want to miss this."

In less than ten minutes we had our teeth brushed, hair brushed and we looked presentable for 8 AM on a Sunday.

"I can't believe we are out of bed this early. Usually I skip breakfast." Laura yawned.

"Yeah, we never actually said a time..."

"Oh for fucks sake, I'm only giving you an hour then I am going back up to bed." She glared at me.

"That's totally fair." I said as I pulled her into the Dining hall.