Chapter Two: The Choice Is Yours

Everything was happening so fast. Within a few days,I was already acquainted with Derek's family along with his Beta and his Third in Command.That same day I met them,which was 3 days ago,Derek made the announcement that my joining the pack was in three months time, when winter hit.I've only been here for a week and I'm already loving it...and Derek.

I sat up in bed, lost in my own thoughts.I'd blocked out my mind link with everyone, even Derek, to think. A week a go, I ran away from my Father's corruot pack and had gone rogue.That same day, I found my mate, which was strange, but I wouldn't let it get to me.I think Derek knew I was going rogue but I didn't wanna jump to any conclusions.'Avery! Answer me!' My thoughts were interrupted by Derek tryig to mind link with me.' I'm sorry.I was thinking about something. What is it?' I asked in an apologetic tone.'I asked you if you wanted to come with me to a meeting later'
' Oh erm sure.I could get out of the house anyways'
'Alright.Get dressed.' I nodded and ended the link and immediately got up. I changed into a denim shirt that stopped at my butt with midlengthed sleeves and a black tank top underneath; Accompanied by that was a pair a black leggings and black boots that zip up on the sides.I curled the ends of my hair and threw on red lipstick.I'd never been to a pack meeting,so this was new to me."Damn sexy.Are you trying to seduce me?" I heard Derek's voice ask,his arms wrapping themselves around my waist."Derek, not right now.We do have a meeting to attend." He whimpered and kissed my neck before moving back.I turned to facehim,placing the cap on my lipstick." At least give me a kiss to last me."I nodded and plantiled a passionate kiss on his lips,marking him with lipstick."Cmon Alpha."

On the way,I kept thinking of my father and sighed aloud, Derek placing his hand in mine,sparks running up my arms."What's wrong?"

"Nothing.Just thinking of my Dad,that's all."He sighed and began to pull into the driveway of an all too familiar place."Derek, why the hell are we here?" I asked in a pissed tone, my wolf wanting to escape."I think we should talk to your father.And I knew you wouldn't allow it."Before I could react, he locked the car."Let me out!I can't believe you!"

" Just hear me out!"

" You have no clue what's it's been like ever since my mother died!"

" I said listen!" My wolf coward inside me from his Alpha tone, the blue in his eyes changing to pitch black."We need to do this.Please Avery.Please?" He said,a hint of begging." Fine Derek," I murmured and slumped down in my seat,getting out once he unlocked the car and stayed put.He walked over and took my hand,which I snatched away.He took my hand again and practically dragged to the house.At the doorstep, we were met by my shocked older brother, who must've been visiting." What the fuck! Avery, get away from him!" I sighed and smiled."I can't. He's my mate."Wade's jaw dropped but his posture fixed as the door opened to show my father."Avery?"I waved at him and smiled nervously.We were brought inside and all 4 of us went upstairs to Father's office.

Wade glared at me and shook his head in disapproval as Father began."This is quite a surprise. We go looking for you and here you are"

"I don't knkw why you'd go looking.I wasn't gonna come back."He smiled and looked at Derek."Oh um," Derek said, a little scared."Alpha Frederick, I wanted to ask you if...Avery can join my pack"

" Why ask me? You didn't get my permission to mark my little girl."We both blushed and Wade finally stood."Why did you leave Avery?"I reained silent, Derek looking at me.

*Derek's POV*

She left? When was this? And why?I stared at my mate in confusion."Olives," I said and entangled our hands together,those familiar sparks runnig up my arms.I watched as she stood,still holding my hand."I left because of my mother.Why don't you go ahead and tell Wade,Dad? How every night, after her death, you'd fuck some random woman in the pack. Daddy, I trusted you.And you acted as if you hated me and you acted as if you forgot all about mother. You hurt me," Avery said, holding my hand a bit tighter."Avery, I had no idea..." Alpha Frederick said and stood." If I hurt you, then make a choice.Stay here or go with this runt.Whichever makes you less hurt." Wait,did he just call me a runt? I wanted to let my wolf free, but he was so much stronger, wiser than me that I wouldn't even last a second."I'm going with Derek.First,I need to gather some things. Then I'm gone."I watched as she walked out of the room and slammed the door shut."Are we done here?" I nodded, unsure what would happen."Then leave my lands."I quickly nodded and left the room.Geez, that guy was scary.

*Avery's POV*

I stuffed all my underwear and bras and other necessities into a drawstring backpack and picked up an old family album my mother had given me when I was younger. I hugged the album and felt tears fall down my cheeks, wishing she was here to comfort me.It was true, after she died, he becane more aggressive, more over protective of Wade and I.He even hit us if we went somewhere without his permission.I felt a familiar spark and felt Derek wrap his arms around mine."Cmon." We walked off, but I couldn't leave without hugging Wade and giving Dad a final wave goodbye.
***
That was so sad! I'm gonna cry now! I hope you guys enjoyed that!You'd think her Dad was a bit more fatherly and say something like "Hun, I'm so sorry.If it makes you feel any better, be with your mate." But damn! Please, comment, vote and share amongst your friends.