Chapter Three: Reflections

A/N:Yas.You know this song.I'm sure.
Hint: its by MisterWives
***

That night, I lay in front of the fireplace completely lost in my own thoughts and depression. I closed my eyes and lay my head against my knees.Downstairs, Derek celebrated my father's "blessing" with his parents Charles and Rose Whit, his younger brother Charley, and his beta Jeremy.He'd insisted on me coming but I told him I wasn't in the mood for a celebration.

"Hey Olives, " I heard along with the door being opened and closed.I glanced up at my mate and gave a fake smile.He knelt down beside me and nuzzled my neck, sparks runnin on my arms like marathon runners just waiting to get the grand prize. I instantly wanted him to wrap his arms and take me, but I was too depressed and was afraid I would snap at anyone." Derek, stop" I whispered as he kissed my neck.I gently pushed him off, but he kept coming back."Stop.I mean it"

" Why?"

"I said stop!," I yelled and bit his ear.He  backed away from me and growled ad he held his now bloody ear.Did I just...hurt my mate? Mates weren't supposed to hurt each other... I stood and looked at him in shock, nor sure if he wanted help."Why the hell did you bite me?!"

"I told you to stop!" He stood and grabbed my arm,dragging me to the bathroom."You clean it up! You did it!" With that, he sat on the edge of the tub.

In awkward silence, I rubbed alcohol on his ear and dressed his ear.He turned around and faced me, taking my hands in his."Tell me why you're so upset.Avery, if I hurt you, I'm so sor-"

"You did nothing except make me happy.I'm just upset at my father and..."

"And?"

" I miss my mother.Sh would sing thatlullaby to me every time I cried.What was it? Hush, little baby."He plaed me in his lap and held me against his chest,his heartbeat going at a fast pace."It's ok Olives I promise"

"Derek?"

" Yeah?"

"Can you sing the lullaby?"

*Derek's POV*

Did she just ask me to sing? "I can try. But don't make fun of me." I felt a nod and sighed before singing the song."Wait the whole song?" She gave another nod and I cursed mentally." Ok.Here goes..."

Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird

And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Papa's gonna buy you a dog named Rover

And if that dog named Rover won't bark
Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.

Once I was done, I looked down and felt something wet on my shirt and scowled,realizing she fell asleep.I picked her up bridal style and gently laid her on the bed, laying there beside her.I listened to her small snores and smiled as I stared up at the ceiling.