III

"Oh, great, we have more people that are going to experience the joys of my art. Terrific, isn't it?" (Y/N) noticed how handsome the boy was, from the depth of his blue eyes to the excited, twisted expressions of his voice. He had long blond hair, which was thick and lustrous, tied in a half ponytail. It covered one of his eyes, but the other eye was a mesmerizing electric ocean blue in which flecks of silvery sunlight performed ballets throughout. He had smooth flawless skin, which was like a sheet of well done cloth. His face was strong and defined, but also discretely feminine. He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. (Y/N) wished it was the boy's appearance which caused her to lose all her senses at that second, but it certainly wasn't.

His eyes met hers and they seemed different than a moment before. For a split second his gaze became soft, gentle and curious, before returning to superior and twisted. There was something in his spirit that dances around him, innocence which contrasted his obvious wicked intentions. All those things she could feel in just two seconds of looking at the man before acknowledging a white clay bird the boy was standing one.

Ren and Sora automatically jumped in front of (Y/N), both holding kunais in their hands. It was a natural reaction they couldn't fight against. When she was in danger they didn't think about tactics or attacking the enemy, just protecting her with their lives.

"Stay back, (Y/N)." Ren shouted.

"He is flying on a clay bird." Sora noted calmly. "I thought I've seen everything, but apparently I didnt."

Deidara smiled provocatively. It wasn't the first time he saw people desperately trying to protect something they care about. The girl they were protecting was a shinobi, but he noticed her presence was mellow. She seemed precious in a loving, motherly, boring way. Her instinct wasn't to attack him, it was to greet him with the curious look in her eyes. He started infusing chakra with clay in his left hand.

"She seems like she'd never understand a single thing about art. Oh well, off she goes with the explosions." He thought.

"The Hidden Leaf, huh? This isn't going to be as fun as I thought." Deidara commented loudly. "What's up with you two bodyguards? What are you two, jealous boyfriends?"

Ren used his earth style to raise (Y/N) to the higher ground. She infused her arrows with lighting style and aimed for the boy's hands. It was one of their standard attack used to immobilize the enemy. Deidara managed to dodge the attack smoothly. Both Ren and Sora were surprised (Y/N) missed the target, so they immediately started to think about all the possible tactics she could be applying. Sora ran up the tree and disappeared somewhere in the three branches above them. Ren kept his position next to (Y/N). She took a deep breath and started aiming for the trees around Deidara. The lighting that would be trapped in the area in between the arrows was able to either kill or paralyze the victim. It was one of her most powerful jutsus that wasted a lot of her chakra, but since no enemy has escaped lighting prison in the past, it was almost a guaranteed success.

Deidara smiled viciously, still relaxed. His body language made (Y/N) unsure if her attack will be a success, so she decided to strenghten her attack by infusing more chakra.

"Lightning style, Lightning Prison Justu." She spoke confidently.

"Katsu."

(Y/N) and Ren were surrounded with fiery smoke and dust, still boiling up from where the bombs had gone off just a few meters away from them. Ren shielded the two of them with his earth style and Sora kept them stable with his wind style from above. A series of new flashes broke out, lifting and spreading the smell of gas and then a great gush of flame rose.

"Guys, don't interfere." Sora yelled. "Wind style: Vacuum Bullets."

(Y/N) and Ren ran through the warm dust and climbed a nearby tree. They knew their hands were tied when Sora used juts u as unstable and unpredictable as vacuum bullets. It was one of Sora's most powerful attacks, a jutsu that allowed him to blow big air bullets out of his mouth. Ren observed the enemy to get a better understanding of the unusual abilities he was displaying. He detonated clay figures and either threw or let them fly towards Sora. Sora managed to avoid strong explosion blasts by moving from one tree to another using his incredible speed. The intensity and power of Deidara's bombs started increasing so rapidly that every new explosion caused more trees to tumble to the ground. Despite Deidara's power, he was extremely narrowly avoiding Sora's vacuum bullets. The only reason he managed to avoid them was because the force his explosions released served as an excellent defense, neutralizing vacuum bullets. Sora noticed Deidara's tactic and increased the power of his bullets, managing to hit both wings of Deidara's clay bird.