IV

Deidara returned to Sasori. They were standing at the bottom of cliff, a few meters away from a dark cave in which they were supposed to sleep overnight. Sasori quietly listened to Deidara's exceptionally loud and obnoxious complaints about the enemy. He was looking towards the woods cautiously as Deidara was describing the unusual encounter with three relatively powerful shinobi.

"The girl is annoying and her lightning style is mediocre." Deidara concluded. "They'll be wasting our time."

"Interesting." Sasori commented in a deep, monotone voice. "When they find us, I'll take care of the girl."

The blond nodded, sat on the ground and started to play with a piece of clay. While trying to think of a clever scheme to win the forthcoming battle, he acknowledged the negative impact (Y/N)'s presence had on him. She bothered him, annoyed him, appalled him. Whenever her voice echoed through his mind, he immediately thought of the mimosa plant, the touch-me-not. She was a soft, feeble flower, eternally protected by two loyal guards. If art was an explosion, she was the complete opposite. He believed her existence was too mellow to be artistic even for Sasori's standards. He tried to initiate the conversation about (Y/N)'s lack of expressive and artistic qualities multiple times, but Sasori refused to talk to him about that unimportant of a subject. Deidara got so carried away with fantasies of blowing (Y/N) up he hardly noticed a familiar trio approaching the hideout.

"Should we warn him or something" Ren laughed sarcastically, playing with a kunai.

"Stop taking these situations so lightly, Ren." Sora scolded him and sighted.

Team 5 knew a bloody battle awaited them, but they still chose to act relaxed about it. Ren was hard to handle and both (Y/N) and Sora knew that he'd be insane enough to take the Akatsuki alone if they didn't agree to fight by his side. They'd never leave his side no matter the circumstance anyway, so Ren was keen to use it in his advantage.

Before he could react, Deidara's torso was wrapped in (Y/N)'s lighting chains. In complete shock, he raised his head to meet (Y/N)'s eyes once again. Her (E/C) eyes reflected an emotion he couldn't recognize even if he cared enough to, so he automatically threw a small clay bird he held in her direction. She countered it with another lightning absorbed arrow. Still standing put, he grinned.

"Your genjutsu won't work on me, idiots." Deidara broke the silence.

"Oh, shut up already!" (Y/N) shouted. "How?"

"The black haired one seems to be more talented than I thought." He looked at Sora.

Deidara trained his left eye to counter genjutsu which put him in great advantage against a strong genjutsu user like Sora. He already assumed the enemy is going to use genjutsu on him at one point in the battle. As he was fighting the trio earlier he noticed (Y/N)'s stamina wasn't admirable, especially after using lightning chains. It was only logical that her very protective teammates weren't going to let her use such advanced techniques as exhausted as she was. Sora was an exceptionally strong shinobi so Deidara assumed genjustu will be their ultimate tactic. Both Ren and Sora were surprised by the anger (Y/N)'s words held considerabely more than Deidara's apparent immunity to Sora's genjutsu. (Y/N) tried to take an arrow out of her quiver. Suddenly, chakra threads wrapped around it and took it away in an unknown direction. She quickly looked around and noticed a slounched, creepy looking man staring at her, her quiver on the ground next to him. Ren and Sora pulled out their kunai, ready to defend (Y/N). She took a deep breath and started to infuse her kunai with lightning .

"You're nothing without those arrows." The man spoke in a deep, chilling voice, making (Y/N) shiver instantaneously. "Arrow users seem to be as weak as I remember."