Chapter 1

"Hey Lily". I hear from the side of my head. I didn't know who it was so I turned around slow. Realizing it was my friend Summer I said. "Hey summer what's up"

"Nun girl just chillin and doing the regular."

"Haha drinking, smoking and I having a lot of sex". I asked. I knew the answer was yes. She is addicted to just about everything.

"Yes hunny something's you should do more often you are stressed all the time".

"No I'm good and you know I'm not going to so don't even bother". That's everything summers life revolves around. All she thinks about just about.

"Well you would be a little more calm and Hubble". She says while writing what is on the board.

"Yea but I'm not that type Summer and you know that".

"Yea I know and that really sucks" . She gave me a look of sympathy, then went right back to her work.

We are in math class and I promise math will be the death of me one day. I hated it. Summer loves math though, I don't see how but she does. She has really short brown hair and hazel eyes. I adore her sometimes.

I stop by my locker to put my books up before I go to lunch. When I shut it I jumped startled. " Hey! Lily!" Maria shouts.

" Hey Maria. How are you?" I ask trying to be nice. I liked Maria but she could be a little annoying sometimes.

" I'm great!" She says " just be doing my normal." She is shouting and my ears are starting to ring a little.

"Maria can u stop screaming before the whole school goes deaf".

"Yea sure". She sounds kind if upset. " I'm just really excited!". I honestly don't feel like questioning but I do anyway.

" What's so exciting". I ask sounding less excited then I meant to be.

" Richard asked me out!". I try to remember who Richard was but nothing came to my mind. His name does sound familiar though.

"Who is Richard". I asked curious. I was thinking really hard but his name still hasn't came to mind.

" Oh My Gosh! Only the most hottest guy in school of course. And he asked me out. Of all the people in the world Lily me." I wasn't shocked at all Maria was mixed, beautiful and confident with herself. It didn't surprise me. But then it hit me. RICHARD. RICHARD HASTEN.

He was very tall and very handsome. His hair is black and curly and his body was.... It was.. Uh I can't even explain it. We were friends a while back. Like all the way back in middle school. As soon as we reached high school everything changed for the worst.

When I left my thoughts I saw Maria jumping up and down like a maniac. It's the happiest I have ever seen here and I'm truly happy for her, I am.

I walked to lunch alone. Just because I wanted to be alone. When I got my food and looked for a seat. "Most of them were full.

" Hey Lily!". I know that voice from anywhere it's Jennifer. Her and her crew, click or whatever you want to they stayed with each other 24/7."

" What do you want Jennifer?" I mumble under my breath. I can't stand her. She has always tried to destroy my life from day one. I hate that about her.

" Nothing just seeing how my usual nerd is doing. I care for everyone you know". I can hear the sarcastic tone in her voice but I decided to ignore it. I'm not stooping to her level. Not today.

I eventually made my way to an empty table. After squeezing through everyone to get here I became tired. Through the corner of my eye I see Summer sitting down next me.

Followed by the rest of my nerd gang. It was me, summer, Maria, Sandra, Diamond, Michael, Mascoline, and DJ.

They are all very attractive and decent people. Everyone's knows that. We just chose not to hang out with them. I think it's better staying and our little group anyway. It means less drama and more fun.

"So Lily you decide who your going to prom with yet". Michael asks. He sound really intrigued when he said it but I sensed a hint of nervous.

" No I haven't . "I say quietly. " I might not even go. A doubt a guy at this school will ask me" I'm actually really insecure about myself. I can't picture anyone wanting to be with me.

" Then why won't you ask someone your self. You would be surprised" said Diamond.

" No I'm not going to. I can't build myself up To it. It's simply not me. A guy has to ask me or I'm not going and that's final". I heard my voice rise slightly and they were starting to stare at me.

Feeling embarrassed I said " I didn't mean to put it off that way I promise".

After lunch I walked home with Michael. He never liked me being by myself. We have been friends since third grade. I've always been able to tell him everything and he has done the same with me. It's like a never ending friendship. We are always there for each other and that's the way it's meant to be.

" Here we are". He says with a huge smile. It's like every time he smiled my world just gets better and better. His dimple makes him more cute when he smiles also.

" Yea here we are". There's an awkward silence and we just stare at each other for a while. I don't wanna just leave and not say goodbye because it would probably make it worse.

" Bye Michael. Have a great afternoon". I say with a smile so it seemed like I was being polite. I hated this, I hate this so much.

I'm slowly developing feelings  and I don't know what to even do about it. I checked to make sure he left then I punched the door to my house. It hurt like hell but it was worth it.
After school I decided to hang out with my friends. We try to do this once a  month to reconnect and see how everyone's life is going.
Since summer got her new truck she drives me. The truck is a shiny red with black and silver rims. It's like a monster truck because it's extremely tall. I'm really short.
" So you and Michael?" I look at her and blush not wanting to say anything. While trying to ignore her.
My song comes on can you stand rain  by new edition. So I start singing and dancing to get on her nerves.
"Will you stop it and answer me stupid !!" She yells while laughing.

" well I mean.... I-I mean..... Idk" while shrugging and trying to look dumb. She looks at me long and hard. Almost as if she is staring into my life. It was creepy.

" you like him don't you ?, I see the way you was looking at him in class.."
"What are you talking about?" I ask while pushing. She started swerving.