Chapter 5

I slept for awhile it felt like. My dream was intensely good. One of the best dreams this year to be exact.

The Dream

I'm sitting at home on the couch watching a scary movie. It's dark outside and all the house lights are cut off. Then I hear a knock at my door.

" Hello". I say kind of frightened. Who would be here at this time if night.

" Hey". The voice is deep and gives me shivers. " Who are you". I said my voice sounding distant. " I'm Mascoline so can you let me in". He pauses. " before I freeze to my death". I laughed and walked towards the door.

" Hola". I say trying to seem funny. " Thank you". He said as he walked through the door. " Dang it's cold out there". You on a rare occasion hear him curse. It doesn't even suit him in my opinion.

" Haha that's what you get for walking all the way down here". A smirk appeared on my face even though I tried to hide it. He seen this and smiled. Then I blushed of embarrassment.

" That's not funny". His voice us suddenly sending me shivers from my head to toe. Wow is he always going to have this affect on me.

Then he slowly creeps towards me. We stare at each other for awhile not moving or saying a word. He slowly moves his hands around my waist.

My emotions start to intensify. I didn't say anything though. I just went with it. I wrapped my arms around is neck and laid my head down on his shoulder. I could feel him breathing heavily down my back.

We look up and just stare at each other for awhile. He is against the wall. I don't know how he got there but I said nothing. Then our noses touched. We slowly leaned in......

" Beep Beep Beep Beep!" My alarm went off. I say up in my bed and rubbed my eyes. I slung my arms on my bed. " Damn it!" I yelled out. Right when my dream was getting good it ended. In a split second.

I looked at my clock on my phone and it was 2:05. I can't believe I was asleep that long. I have to get down stairs and fix Mari lunch. It was going to be awhile until 8.

I jogged down the stairs in my sweat pants an tank top. I see Mari sitting at the table eating a sandwich with chips.

" Marianna did you fix that yourself". I asked. She very rarely fixed her on food.

" Yes. I was hungry and you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you". She gave me a huge smile and bit right back down on her sandwich. I laughed. She is growing up so fast. What am I going to do with her.

"Well we have a date tonight so I want you dressed and ready by 7:00 on the dot. Hear me". She shook her head up and down then went right back to her sandwich.

" Mmmhmm find something cute". She looked up at me confused.

" Why". She asked. " Maybe I don't wanna be cute". Her voice raised slightly when she said it.

" We are going on a date together Mari. Mascoline's little cousin is going to come with us".

" Why I already have a boyfriend". I spit my sandwich out. " What!" I said.

" You hear me". She rolls her head. I laughed at her. My eyes got bigg.

" What do you know about having a boyfriend".

" A lot more then you". She said. Her smart mouth going to get slapped one day. She don't even know what a boyfriend is. But I let it go.

" Oh Kay. Whatever. Just be ready by 7 alright". I said smiling trying to hold my laugh in.

" Oh Kay I will. Don't worry".

I left the kitchen then went in my room to start getting ready. I knew it was going to take me until 7 to get ready.

I got in the shower and washed my hair first. When I got out I let my hair air dry. I figured a I had some time to waste.

While my hair was drying. I looked for jewelry to wear with my dress. I settled on a black and red necklace with a heart in the middle. I picked out my heart earrings also just because it matched.

Now for my shoes. Dang I have so many. I don't want to wear heels because I don't know if we are going to walk around or not. So instead I picked out my boots will a little heel.

When my hair dried I brushed it out. Then I started to curl my hair strand by strand. I don't really curl my hair. But some new things are good I guess.

When I finished everything it was 6:59. I walked to Mari's room and she was doing her hair. She wore a skirt with a top that said "I'm cute and you know it" . I looked at her hair and it was half up and half down with a bang.

She was putting on makeup. She is six and putting on make up. I don't even wear make up.

Then I heard the door bell ring. I think it's Mascoline. I slowly walked down stairs to open the door. When I did there he stood with his little cousin.