Still Of The Night

In her haste to get to Klaus, she forgets to focus her senses on what's happening in the mansion, and she's taken aback when she doesn't find him near the main entrance, but she quickly recovers and flashes to his room, figuring that this is where he must have gone. When she gets upstairs, the open door grants her a glimpse inside, confirming her suspicion, and she stops in her tracks at the sight of him, her relief at his safe return overwhelming her for a moment. He's barefoot and the clothes he's wearing are slightly too big on him, and she thinks he probably took them from someone, unwilling to wander the city naked after he turned back to his human form, but she doesn't want to dwell on what happened to the guy, so she shoves the thought down for now.

His back is to her, and he has to be quite distracted if he hasn't heard her yet. Taking advantage of that fact, she takes the last few steps into the room and she closes the door behind her, leaning against it. She smirks when the sound makes him jump and turn around in the same motion.

His eyes scan her from head to toe, the fact that she was expecting the hungry look doing nothing to dampen its effect, and heat races through her veins, making her forget about everything else. There's a tense moment of absolute silence as they both seem to hold their breath, and she can't help but furrow her brow in confusion. She remembers how he acted that first time he turned when their emotions were off, and he didn't give her any time to breathe, let alone think, before he was on her.

Letting her eyes take him in the way he's doing with her, she suddenly notices the small details that escaped her at first. The tight fists, clenched jaw, tense muscles, barely perceptible shaking... He's holding back, she understands with a start.

As soon as the realization hits her, she also understands why he's trying so hard to control himself when he clearly wants nothing more than to pounce on her, and her heart clenches in her chest with the revelation.

He's not sure she's going to accept it – him. Not only did he warn her about the consequences of his transformation with his emotions on, but given that she knows what he's been up to in the past few hours, he has every right to think that she would deny him, repulsed by the blood on his hands. A sob lodges itself in her throat at the thought that he's all but waiting for his sentence, and she releases it on two small but powerful words.

"Come here."

In the next heartbeat, there are hands at her waist lifting her up against the door and a tongue delving into her mouth and hips driving into hers and she clutches at him, desperate to get him as close as possible.

She wants to laugh with the sheer joy of having him back when the nagging doubts hardly left her alone all morning, but what comes out instead is a breathless moan that has him tightening his grip on her waist almost to the point of pain. It's only fair since she's pretty sure her nails are this close to drawing blood where they're digging into his back, her hands having slipped beneath his shirt while she wasn't looking.

His mouth leaves hers only to attach itself to her throat, and the harsh scrape of his fangs not quite breaking the skin draws a needy whimper out of her.

"Do it. Klaus, do it now, please."

She's pretty sure he intended to tease her for a while despite his own need, but the desperation in her voice seems to get through to him and he doesn't waste anymore time. The initial pain of the bite mixes with the pleasure of his hand bunching up her top to cup her breast through the lace of her bra, and she tightens her legs around his waist, trying to feel as much of him as possible. He instantly grants her silent request, his hips rocking harder against hers, letting her feel his hardness through the layers of clothes, and she swears she's about to come on the spot.