01

Ellie went to Grinnell for college, hoping that she and Aster will see each other again one day.

Maybe it wasn't the best ending for them but left her with a kiss was way much better than nothing.

While Paul Munsky and his sausage business became more popular and successful, he also wishes that if Ellie came back, she would finally choose him. That is why he stayed as a devoted friend to Ellie.

And Aster Flores never forgot that last encounter with Ellie. That unexpected kiss.

But most probably the idea that Ellie been able to express her true feelings for Aster.

After almost a week, she decided to chat with Ellie through Ghost messenger.

Diegarivero:

So? How's Grinnell?

Ellie was surprised after receiving that message from Aster. It draws a smile on her face.

Smith corona:

Nice. How about you?

How are you?

Diegarivero:

I'm fine, keeping myself busy

Smith corona: great!

Diegarivero: maybe I could call you Ellie chu now? I mean, your real name

Smith corona: again, Aster, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it

Diegarivero: but you did.

Smith corona; yah, I'm such an idiot

Diego Rivera: is it hard?

Smith corona: what do you mean?

Diegarivero: acting to be someone else

Smith corona: of course, Aster, so hard, it always comes to cross my mind that I should tell you the truth.

Diegarivero: but you keep on lying.

Smith corona: because of Paul.

Diegarivero: is it because he paid you?

Smith corona: because he was my friend. The only friend I have. and I do care about him.

Diegarivero: I guess he also cares about you. No, he was Inlove with you

Smith corona; but I'm Inlove with you

Diegarivero, so the kiss was real?

Smith corona: it was my first. And I'm not giving it for fun.

Diegarivero; well, congratulations. you were my first kiss too

Smith corona: what? Seriously?

Diegarivero: the first kiss from a girl, that's what I meant

And it wasn't that bad.

Smith corona: (smile) for a first-timer, I guess I gave my best for that kiss.

Diegarivero: so you are in love with me, Ellie chu? Since when?

Smith corona: since the first time I saw you at the church.

Diegarivero; when was that?

Smith corona; February 18, 2016

Diegarivero: Woah! I'm impressed with your memory. You remember that.

Smith corona: aside from having a good memory. I did remember that because it was you.

Diegarivero: now you're making me smile.

Smith corona: I'm happy that you're smiling because of me it was different from the last time we exchanged messages. Cause you think it was paul.

Diegarivero: yes! And right now. I'm smiling because I'm talking to Ellie chu.

Smith corona; you know Aster, we should meet this summer. I'm going to go back to Squahamish to be with my dad.

Diegarivero, I would love to.

And I hope you still like me the way you do right now. Grinnell college is enormous, and many pretty girls surround you right now. We weren't sure what was going to happen.

Smith corona: many girls here, but it's not Aster Flores.

Diegarivero: can I use emoji for once? "☺️"