03

Ellie wasn't able to sleep.

She was thinking about Aster.

Looking at her phone, hoping Aster would change her mind.

And maybe Aster sent her a message one last time.

The next day, Ellie made a terrible decision.

She went to Aster's secret place, hoping she'll go to find her there.

Or if not, maybe she could leave a message on one of the stones surrounding the spring.

Four hours on the train, then Paul was waiting for her at the station.

She asks Paul to drove her near the spring.

Paul had no idea about the place. He doesn't want to leave Ellie, but she insists and asks Paul to get back after an hour. she just needed to be alone.

Ellie sat down beside the spring and looked back when she and Aster were there and conversed.

Ellie: Gravity is matter's response to loneliness.

Aster: Who said that?

Ellie: I don't know.

Aster: Then you said it.

Ellie took a pen from her pocket and was about to write on one of those rocks.

Aster: hey! No vandalism in my secret place.

Ellie was surprised and happy and excited after seeing Aster. It was mixed emotions.

She didn't waste any of her time. she runs to Aster and hugs her

Aster: it's funny how my feet lead me to visit this place. And I'm surprised. You're here. I thought you're in Iowa?

Ellie: my feet .no.my heart lead me here.

You haven't seen all my messages. I was so worried.

Aster: so worried about me? Or me getting married to trig?

Ellie; I guess both

Aster: you know, it's ok, Ellie. I already accept that I'm going to be trig's stuff forever.

Ellie, but you're not. You deserve to be happy.

Aster: happy? Since when was the last time, I became pleased. I almost forgot the feeling.

Ellie: let me remind you.

She pulled Aster and kissed her again.

But Aster pushes her away

Aster: Ellie!

Ellie: I'm in love with you

Aster: but I'm not Ellie. I'm sorry

Aster walked away without looking back.

Ellie; Aster!! You still have time. Are you going to let yourself be in misery for a long time if you still have so many chances ahead of you? It's not yet the right time to stop Aster.

For once! Just Live for yourself.

Aster: you don't understand! You don't get it!

And besides, your contented to be with your lonely dad and work on that boring station every day! Me? I have the chance to help my family. And trig was my best chance. Do you get that???

Ellie: love is not sacrificing your happiness.

Aster: I'm going to rewrite you the same way you did to trig.

"Love is all about sacrifice," Ellie .. that's true love. It's not all about me right now. It's about what's going to be the best for my family.

I should leave now. Bye

Ellie: Aster.

Aster didn't pay attention anymore. She chooses to drive away. And then Paul went back a few minutes after Aster left.