𝙆𝙖𝙡𝙞 & 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙬𝙣

𝙆𝙖𝙡𝙞

Where did we go wrong? Everything use to be easy for us, but now things have changed. For the past two months my boyfriend of five years and I have been arguing non-stop due to the lack of communication between us.

Shawn and I both have demanding careers and at times things get a little difficult especially since we have a two year old daughter.

My best friend Daisa is a couples therapist and she will be hosting a couple's retreat program in Cancun and she suggested that Shawn and I attend so we can work the kinks out in our relationship. So today is the day I tell Shawn about it.

I exited our shared bedroom and descended down the stairs into our living room where Shawn and Hannah, our daughter sat and played barbies. My heart melted at the sight.

"Hey babe" Shawn said as he noticed I was in the room. I went and sat on the couch as I watch the beautiful sight of my two favorite people bonding.

"Shawn I need to talk to you"

He nodded his head and picked up Hannah and took her to her play room. Once he got back he turned on the tv so we can watch her from the camera we installed.

He plopped down next to me and put his hand on my thigh.

"What's up baby" he said softly.

"So, Daisa is hosting this couple's retreat program in Cancun and I thought it would be a great idea that we attend so we can rebuild our relationship"

He sighed heavily and groaned. "Here we go" he mumbled.

"Yes Shawn here we go the lack of communication we have is causing our relationship to rot and not to mention the arguments are effecting our daughter and you don't seem to care"

"Kali you don't unders-" I cut him off. "That's the fucking point Shawn you're not trying to let me understand you keep pushing me away help me understand Shawn!" I exclaimed.

He sighed and rubbed his temples in frustration. "Lower your voice" he stated calmly.

"Don't tell me what to do" I grumbled. "Shawn we need this you always say how you want to marry me and be with me forever but how can we enter a marriage like this?" I asked. "If we keep this up there might not be an us anymore"

"If you're so unhappy Kali why are you with me?" He asked. I scoffed "Unhappy? Not once have I said anything about being unhappy. I love you with everything in me Shawn and I'm willing to fight for us but don't expect me to stay if things continue on like this"

He sighed "I'll do it, we can't keep hurting each other like this. I don't want to lose you or Hannah you both mean so much to me and I'll do anything to keep you two in my life and I'm sorry for all the things I've said and done I love you so much it hurts I want you to be my wife one day. I rather be with you than without you so if fighting for this is what we have to do then let's fight"

I smiled at my boyfriend and tackled him into a hug I pulled away and connected his lips with mine.

"I love you" I said lovingly

"I love you more" he responded as he reconnected our lips.

Things might not be so bad after all.

~•~•~•~
A/n- double update back to back because why not we quarantining and I have nothing but time and yes I put myself in the story I will be couples counselor fixing all the relationships, y'all pray for me 😂. Antyways they will probably be the least toxic couple which is why the chapter is short but let me know what y'all think about this couple. Make sure you vote, comment and share and remember to always stay safe!- daisa✨