Chapter 4: A Sudden Reunion

"What a joke! I can't believe I have a famous childhood friend all this time!" hindi makapaniwalang pahayag ni Keanne habang naglalakad pauwi. "That's just amazing! I wonder how the competition is going on right now..."

Binuksan ni Keanne ang kaniyang telepono at hinanap sa internet ang update ng kasalukuyang kompetisyon na sinasalihan ng kababata.

[Philippines, Valerie Salvador is set to take it all and represent Asia in the upcoming World Youth Piano Competition at Warsaw]

(News: TOKYO, Japan---In what was truly an exquisite evening of music as Valerie Salvador qualifies as a finalist in the World Youth Piano Competition – Asian qualifiers and has shown the world that she's capable of living up to the name that was given to her.

Named as the Pearl Prodigy from Nowhere, Valerie had shown the world what she's capable of by showing immense talent and prowess during her road to glory over the past few days. She is set to be the first Filipino Pianist who managed to earn the top 4 spot in the said competition after other contestants before her falls short only in the top 8.

Only the Top 3 Asian countries can represent the continent during the World Youth Competition that will take place at Warsaw, Poland next year. Based on their past performances, Valerie outshined her other competitors and is on the verge of taking the Top spot during this competition. Despite being someone new to the international stage, she seemed like a veteran in showing her skills. She is most likely considered as a true prodigy without the training of renowned instructors and then facing offs veteran opponents with ease.

Min-Jun Kim who, the South Korean representative which is on his second year gives praise to the Filipina artist saying that "her talent is top notch" and that even as a veteran, he even has doubts if he can even take a higher place than her. Nonetheless, the other two contenders namely Chen Changying from China and Sawamura Akira from Japan offers their statement saying that despite what the media are sharing across the world, they will give their best shot to win the competition and represent Asia in the upcoming Worldwide competition.)

"Whoa, she really made some serious noise out there huh!" namamanghang sabi ni Keanne.

"Krrriiiinnng!" tunog ng telepono ni Keanne.

"Ah yes tito? Ano na pong update?" tanong ni Keanne sa kanyang Tito Neil na nasa linya.

"Well here's the thing, pagkatapos naming ma-examine ang dugong nasa crime scene, we found out that hindi lahat ng dugong nandoon ay galing kay Ray. Posibleng may isa pang duguan sa pangyayari. And unfortunately, mahihirapan tayo sa paghahanap sa kaniya sa mga oras na ito. But don't worry Keanne, we'll still continue the investigation at our best," ang sabi ni Neil sa pamangkin.

"How about those cartridges that I found po?" mabilis na tanong ni Keanne.

"Good question. About that, it came from someone else's pistol. We even examined the tree and found out that a sniper bullet had grazed its trunk. Unfortunately, hindi pa natin ma-identify kung sino ang may-ari nito. We believe the rifle was purchased illegally," eksplinasyon ni Neil.

"I see. Thank you tito for your hardwork. May idadagdag pa po ba kayo?" tanong ni Keanne.

"Uhhm, I'm truly sorry for what had happened. If only we were aware na ganun na pala ang sitwasyon, if only we came sooner, we could've saved his life," malungkot na sagot ng kaniyang tito.

"It's fine tito. Walang dapat ibang sisihin dito kundi yung taong pumatay sa kaniya," pahayag ni Keanne.

"How are you feeling? Are you with your mom right now?" tanong ni Neil.