6: Checking In On the Boys

"Are you sure about this?" Gouhin asked Legoshi while the wolf set the atmosphere for what was going to possibly help him.

"Yes. I am going to eat these bugs. I need to know the strength a carnivore can have. There is a lot of things I need it for."

"I never thought you would start a creepy-ass ceremony in my clinic... Seriously, what is with these candles? And you being shirtless..."

"Um... I figured having fire would help the souls fly into Heaven... Also I took my shirt off so I could feel more intimate with these raw bugs..." Legoshi closed his eyes tightly. "Oh, I'm so nervous! Have you eaten bugs before??"

"Nope. Pandas don't need protein. I know insects are an invaluable food source for carnivores. They legalized the use of insect ingredients, like insect broth and powder. They do their best, however, to avoid eating actual live insects. Most carnivores don't want to bear the guilt of consuming a life away just for a little snack." Gouhin philosophized. "Well, if eating that bunch of crawling protein gets you interested in herbivore meat, then this will backfire completely."

Legoshi looked deeply at the bugs in the glass terrarium. "I've done my best to avoid eating insects... If you tried to stop me now, I think I would stop immediately... But I'm so arrogant. This living thing," He picked up a moth larvae. "is trying its best to live. And yet I think it's fine to eat it because it's just a little bug... Why do I think this way--"

"Why are you bringing this up now?! You've always been an arrogant little shit. You beat the shit out of males that piss you off, even though you're practically a virgin, you force your morals on everyone around you and the only female you've showed any interest in is a little bunny."

"Well actually there's this one girl... I forgot I need to ask you something--"

"It can wait. You're improving your carnivore unique fighting senses for the sake of protecting others. That makes all of that okay."

"But Gouhin. If you hear anything about a maned wolf..." He locked eyes with the panda before him. "I. Must. Know."

"Noted!" He laughed. "Bottom's up!"

"Here goes nothing..." Legoshi downed the larvae and passed out.

Louis, however, was tearing up the black market to find you. He knew that you had last been seen in the bar he had met Cosmo in. The bartender said that you had been speaking to a strange gazelle who was apparently a therapist, but when he left to retrieve the food for a customer, you were both gone.

She must have been kidnapped... again. Louis groaned in frustration. What had happened to you?! Why were you always getting in trouble?

"It's okay, boss, we'll find her. Nobody steals from you."

Louis sighed. "I might have treated her like property... But I do care about her. I love her. And I wish I hadn't fought with her like that. She wouldn't have left..."

"Women aren't worth the trouble."

"This one is."