Chapter One

Savannah

"Honey are you sure you don't want us to help you unpack anything else? Or stay another night?" My mom asks noticing it was time for them to leave. I was nervous for this new start.

I finally made it to college.
In Arizona!

"Mom... I'll be fine. If anything happens a minor cut or bruise I'll call you and send you a photo. Don't worry mom!" I say laughing.

"Okay... Im gonna miss you honey!" My mom cries out hugging me. "Mom... I'll miss you too, but on the bright side you have Matt and Lian." I try cheering her up.

She rolls her eyes. "You helped me with those two."

"True.... Mom! I'll be home for thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll be back in a snap." I convince her. She nods her head.

We say goodbyes one more time before actually leaving. I sigh a little before unpacking a few things. I decided to live on campus with a roommate. She hadn't gotten here which I imagined since I'm coming out of state.

-
After I finish setting some stuff up and arranging items I lay down a bit.
I miss summer. I can definitely say summer was something different than any other year before.

Kylie, Lia, and I took a trip down to the Bali, Indonesia's. Let me tell you it was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. It was pretty expensive, but my parents are going there for the coming summer.

We took turns sleeping on the couch and bed. At one point Kylie got her period so we kicked her off the bed and she slept on the floor. Especially since the bed sheets were white.

As for the rest of the guys we hanged out for the rest of the summer.
You're probably asking what happened between Jack and I...... honestly I'm gonna tell you the truth we didn't become anything beside friends with complications. We always flirted with each other, but never did anything.

I think you can tell that both of us were disappointed with that, but maybe it was worth it since he was in Nebraska and I'm in Arizona.

I think of all the outcomes that could've happened if we would've happened. Would I have gone to Nebraska instead? Or would we try a long distance?
My train of thoughts gets cut off by the door opening and a brunette coming in.

Wow.
My roommate is not ugly.

"Hey! You must be my roommate!" She smiled laughing a little. "Hey! I guess I am... unless you got the wrong room." I joke.

"Unless you went to the wrong room sista cause I know I'm in room 235." She says laying on her bed. My eyebrows scrunch a little.
"This is room 234-"

"I'm kidding!" She laughs causing me laugh at myself also.

"Anyways, Im Madi!" She adds. "Savannah, I'm not around here." I let her know. "Me neither, Well I'm from California, but my parents come down sometimes." She says.

"Oh! Like vacation or?" I ask.
"Not really, but sometimes." She says.

I nod my head.
"Where'd you go this summer?" She asks.

"My friends and I took a trip down to Bali, Indonesia." I tell her.
"Oh! Thats so cool. Was it pretty?" She asks.
"Oh my god it was a beautiful. Like the sun, air, and wind just makes you so warm and I can't believe I went there." I tell her.

I show her some pictures of it and by accident she sees Jack in my photos.

"Oh.... who is that cutie?" She asks wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

I smile.
"That's my... old friend from High school." I say. "Friend? My ass." She says knowing there's more.

"Okay well.... he was my high school crush. Then last year I finally talk to him at a party and went through stuff, dated him, then we broke up and hanged a little bit in the summer." I say.

"Wow... was he nice to you tho?" She asks. "Yeah... he's the sweetest , goofiest guy I've ever met. Any girl would be lucky to have him." I smile remembering some moments of when we first hanged out or dated.
"Something makes me believe that you two were in love and that your guys story isn't going to end." She says smiling from across the room.

I realized she had finished making her bed and was sitting on it.

"No.... Our story has ended. At least for awhile now." I say smiling.
"Whatever makes you sleep." She says.

"Savannah.... Jack and you have something special, but from what I hear.... you life is definitely better from mine." She says.

"There is no way! You're twice as much prettier than I am." I say.
"All my ex hoes cheated on me or were just toxic for Me." She laughs causing me to laugh.

"Well... hopefully college changed things around for us." I say.

"Me too." She sighs.

My roommate wasn't bad, I like her. I think college is going to be fun. I was having a feeling that Arizona was going to treat me right.

••••