CHAPTER 5: A TRAGIC COINCIDENCE

After a night of celebration Alexander went home with a sense of fulfillment in his heart and had a sound sleep afterwards then morning came and it was Saturday. Alexander woke up a bit late and had a hangover so he decided to call in sick for work. He grabbed his phone and dialed the tutor school's number and in his surprise it was the dean who answered the phone. "Hello, who am I speaking to?" the dean asked as she answer's the phone. "Ma'am it's me Alexander" He said with grunting voice. "Oh Alexander why did you call? Aren't you supposed to be in the tutor room by now?" the dean asked. "That's why I called ma'am I think I can't come to tutor today I feel kinda dizzy, I might have a headache" Dex said. "Oh ok I'll let the other tutor teach your students for today, rest well Dex" the dean said and put the phone down.

Dex immediately gone back to sleep after calling in sick. After a few hours Dex was woken up by the ringing of his phone and when he looked at his phone to see who is calling it was Ms. Tel. Alexander immediately answered his phone "Hello, Ms. Tel?". "Mr. Alexander, I'm sorry to bother you this weekend but the student council decided to hold rehearsals for the induction today" Ms. Tell said. "The rehearsals will be held this afternoon 1PM so you need to come to school by then" she added. Alexander startled by the sudden announcement quickly replied "Ok Ms. I'll be there". "Thank you Alexander and I'm sorry again to bother your weekend see you at school" Ms. Tel said and hanged up the phone.

Alexander after talking to Ms. Tel looked at his phone to see what time is it. He then saw that it's already 11AM which means he only have two hours to prepare and commute to school. Alexander decided to chat his friends "Hey guys I need your help as soon as possible". Thankfully Andrei immediately replied "What's the problem Dex?". "I just received a call from Ms. Tel I need to be at school at 1PM for the rehearsals for the induction but the problem is my head still hurts pretty bad" Dex replied. "Why so sudden? So what do you need" Drei replied. "Can you buy me some hangover medicine and meet me at the school?" Dex asked. "Sure I'll meet you there" Drei replied.

After chatting with his friend Alexander immediately gone out of bed, fixed his bed and took a shower. A few minutes after taking a shower he prepared to go to school, he left the condo and rode the bus to the school. As Dex arrive at the school and called Drei to ask if he were already at the university. "Hey Drei where are you? I'm at the university already" Dex said. "I'm at the university as well where should we meet?" Drei replied. "Ms. Tel told me to go directly to the auditorium so let's meet at the entrance" Dex said. "Ok I'll meet you there" Drei replied.

Alexander hanged the phone and headed on his way to the auditorium. Upon meeting Andrei at the entrance Drei gave him the medicine for his hangover. "Here's your medicine drink it, it'll make you feel better." Drei said. "Thank you man" Dex said and drank the medicine. "If we would have known that there will be rehearsals for today I wouldn't have asked you to drink that much last night" Drei said. "It's fine Ms. Tel said that it was a last minute decision by the student council" Dex said. "Ok we should get inside" Drei said.

Alexander and Andrei went in the auditorium and saw that many have come already and the student council is busy preparing for the general assembly on Monday. When Alexander saw Ms. Tel he immediately approached her. "Ms. Tel I'm here " Dex said. "Good, the rehearsals will start soon let your friend sit there at the side" Ms. Tel instructed. Andrei went to the side of the auditorium and sat at one of the chairs. "Here wear this pin it's needed for the rehearsals" Ms. Tel said while putting the pin on Alexanders collar. When the rehearsals finally started the student council president stood at the stage and organized the students in which position they should be at the general assembly.

After a few hours the rehearsals finally finished and Alexander went to Ms. Tel to return the pin she gave him. "Don't give that pin back it's yours, starting today until the end of the school year you need to wear that pin on your collar all the time when you're at the university" Ms. Tel said. "Why must I wear it ma'am?" Dex asked. "It is the symbol of our faculty, it is to let the other student's know that you are the faculty's student representative, it's like a badge of honor so take good care of it and don't misplace it" Ms Tel replied.