ღ 9

Areum groans as she looks in the mirror her body hunched over her bathroom counter as she notices new small bumps under her skin that pattern on the side of her cheeks.

" What happened?" she murmured. It was thirty minutes before Yeosang would get off of work and she's a mid breakdown. She quickly placed the ointment on the side of her cheeks as she frowned.

Opening her compact she began to blotch the product on her face in hopes to cover up to small comedones. Her routine should be set in stone, finding new bumps that litter her skin when she looked in the mirror should be the norm. To her dismay, it remains painful to see.

Once her face is fully covered in the formula. . She reaches for the buzzing phone beside her.  Lifting it face up she was amused to see a smiling Yeosang posing with two cups of ramen from a convenience store.

"Beef or chicken 🍗?" She laughs quickly typing her response.

"Hm chicken"

At this moment Yeosang grins at her choice. "Good taste... are you ready? I'll be there in a few."

Areum panics swiftly picking up her powdered brush and dousing the product on her face. She frowns in the mirror examining herself. The little inflamed bumps still the center of the show despite her effort to conceal them.

Rolling her eyes she grabs her bag and slides on her black sandals as she heads to the door. Opening it up just in time to see a grinning Yeosang walking towards her doorstep.

He glances over her before his lips turn upward In a smile, "you look pretty," he replies.

Areum blushes as she walks towards him she's staring deeply into his eyes she doesn't realize his hand is out for her to hold.

Yeonsang notices this and swiftly retreats his hand behind his back, "We should go, " he smiles nervously.

They walked to his car, it wasn't much the windows squeak as you roll them down and at times it takes a while to start, but he used a year's worth of wages to afford it used, Areum didn't mind.

He quickly opened the passenger's door for her as Areum stepped in closing it behind her he makes his way to the driver's seat.

Areum nibbles on her bottom lip as she glanced towards yeonsang. The evening sun is falling as it drifts along his skin. He winces at the light making the skin-colored band-aid of his cheek crinkle.

"Where are we going ?" She asks as Yeosang ponders her question.

"You don't like surprises do you?" He jokes.

Areum leans her head on the passenger window as she stares straight ahead to the empty road. "I'm not good with surprises, I guess.." she pauses "no one takes the time to surprise me."

Yeosang holds his breath "well hopefully you'll like this one" he responds in a sigh.

The drive is pretty short Areum notices the number of trees that come to view where they are. She furrows her eyebrows seeing the green landscape ahead of them.

"You brought me to the woods?" she asks inquisitively as her eyes widened.

Yeosang nods his head "Yes, but it's a picnic... come on you'll see."  He opens his driver's door as he grabs the brown woven basket in his backseat. Areum helps herself out her feet touching the asphalt on the side of the road as she glances down the large hill they stood on top of.

"Be careful as you head down" Yeosang advises as he takes her hand using his free one.

"Do you come here a lot" she whispers waiting for a response., her

Yeosang stops as he sets the woven brown picnic basket down.  "Sometimes but only to look at the sunset."

Areum squats down slowly into the grass, she lifts her head noticing how the brown and orange hues blend to complement the sun going down. She wishes that she could be that flawless.

"Isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen" she smiles.

Yeosang wasn't staring at the sun setting like she was, his eyes were noticing all the small details about Areum at that moment. Her eyes were gleaming,  her lips were turned into an upward smile which made the birthmark on her cheek crinkle.

Yeonsang smiles to himself " Yeah, beautiful.." he responds.